Very nice unrestored MB 1943 : For SALE

If you have an unrestored WWII jeep, we would like to see pictures, and hear your comments. NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
DanoZeman
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Very nice unrestored MB 1943 : For SALE

Post by DanoZeman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Soldiers album currently on eBay. Has pics of Jeeps very similar

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2448900927
United States Army Police Officer 2003-2009
MB 16Apr45 serial #435825

macaddict23
G-Major General
G-Major General
Re: Very nice unrestored MB 1943 : For SALE

Post by macaddict23 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:11 pm

The markings are similar (not exact), so how can we confirm that it's THE SAME Jeep?

Similar to guys today marking their Jeeps based on old photos, how do we know this was not the case with Wolfhounds?
ww11models wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:33 am
Fabrizio wrote:Did you see the picture?
Same markings as yours!

Yes I did its fantastic cheers! I knew it when I first looked at the Jeep it had side footman's loops so I said this must have served in Korea then I looked it up and yes it certainly did
"Originality . . . It just needs to be what it is."

ww11models
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by ww11models » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:52 pm

Oh! wow that's super interesting thank you for showing me the Korean photos amazing I just contacted the seller but they are sold so hope he can put me in contact with the new owner and shall try to have the full size photos up here

and my Wolfhounds is 100% the real deal ....I didn't even know what it was and what the marking meant when I bought Wolfhounds and as I was looking at KMAG on the bumper, I said to myself did this jeep served in Korea is that what the K stands for, then I looked it up and my eyes popped out
how in gods name did this jeep manage to gut back to America after the war as we all know they just dumped them and left

I am so proud to own this Jeep

ww11models
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by ww11models » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:04 am

macaddict23 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:11 pm
The markings are similar (not exact), so how can we confirm that it's THE SAME Jeep?

Similar to guys today marking their Jeeps based on old photos, how do we know this was not the case with Wolfhounds?

Its not the same jeep that is quite apparent my Wolfhounds is indeed authentic and original and yes it is from the same Infantry Division
further more to try to emulate the patina that this jeep has it would be a master piece it would be impossible to reproduce the age and weathering this jeep has.
ww11models wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:33 am
Fabrizio wrote:Did you see the picture?
Same markings as yours!

Yes I did its fantastic cheers! I knew it when I first looked at the Jeep it had side footman's loops for the winter covers so I said this must have served in Korea then I looked it up and yes it certainly did

Return to “Original Unrestored WWII Jeeps”