1943 MB 213301

If you have an unrestored WWII jeep, we would like to see pictures, and hear your comments. NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Ralph
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: 1943 MB 213301

Post by Ralph » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:00 am

Paul,that's real restoration...they do pretty up don't they...remember the items which must bolt/screw to the firewall prior to the cardboard...that way you can by-pass the learning curve I experienced.. :oops:
Ralph

Beers
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Beers » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:17 pm

I thought I did remember Ralph, but still had to pull part of the firewall pad back off! Forgot to install the wire clip for the main harness, which was good since I had to tighten the clip after I installed the harness, right? Still have to add the clip for the oil line.

Here are the original dash pad clips and screws, plus two of the repro ones at the bottom that I received from Ron with the new pad. I reused the originals, but you can see that the repro clips are a pretty close match.

Also cleaned up the junction blocks, they were covered in Bubba's orange paint. Don't know about Fords, but MB's had brass screws to hold the wire terminal ends (at least in early '43, I believe this is true for all MB's). Here are the originals next to the repros. The color on the repros is a great match with the color on the back of the originals. I picked up some extra brass screws and the A-1089 1/4" special washers (also brass, I had one original left) from Boltdepot.com. The original washer and screws are on the bottom left in the second photo below.

1943 MB 213301 DOD 2-22-43

Ralph
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Ralph » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:44 am

That is an impressive essay on the terminal blocks/firewall cover and their fasteners.It steps up the MB data base,not often done (relative to GPW)
The oil line retainer clip screw's nut/lock washer is under the cardboard too.I think..it's mounted lower,though.Maybe one of the reasons the composite's went to sheet metal screws...nice clean-up on the blocks,Thanks.
Ralph

Return to “Original Unrestored WWII Jeeps”