Camp Petaluma Replacing SPRING Tower Park THIS WEEK

North Bay Military Vehicle Club, to perserve and honor those for our military men & women. Exibit for historical purpose for those to admire and appreciate.

Moderator: mfrance

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Camp Petaluma Replacing SPRING Tower Park THIS WEEK

Post by John Neuenburg » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:22 am

Hopefully everybody in the NBMVC knows the largest annual MV gathering and swap meet is happening this week at Petaluma KOA. Those who don't have a campsite or cabin reserved, or have not arranged to share a campsite and use the camper's extra wristbands or vehicle pass, should read the Basic Training page on the event page on the MVCC website:
http://www.mvccnews.net/petaluma_spring.html

I won't repeat all of it here, but want to point out that a visitor can buy a $10 daily wristband OR rent space by the day in the Group Dry Camping Area for $10 per day. The latter brings close-in parking. The KOA lot is very small. Most visitors will have to park 750 yards away in the lot across from Pete's Henny Penny restaurant, or in the restaurant lot. There will be a shuttle to and from KOA from 10-5. So it should be obvious which approach to take.

But the best thing would be to work with a buddy who is camping. You can see who has booked what site on the interactive map on that website.

Bring your MVs! We have some parking places in mind if you don't have a buddy's campsite to park it in. I'm the coordinator for that and my contact info is on that web page.
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

mfrance
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Camp Petaluma Replacing SPRING Tower Park THIS WEEK

Post by mfrance » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:42 pm