A 21st century jeep prototype

1940 - 1941 BRC, MA, GP, Preproduction Prototypes. Knowledge Base NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

Moderator: DavidA

Polar Roller
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

A 21st century jeep prototype

Post by Polar Roller » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:11 am

Here is an interesting topic for prototypers..the latest attempt to create something like the original jeep. Although it is interesting, and might be fun, I give it a fail. Twenty inches more on the wheelbase and weighing in at almost twice as much as the original Bantam...Somehow you would think they could do better whatbwith all the miracle materials and computer machining etc...

About twenty years ago I filed for and obtained the Bantam trademarks with an idea of developing at least a prototype of what could be a “modern” jeep...probably in the ATV market rather than road market...something a little more robust that an LJ Suzuki...well, ideas are a dime a dozen arenn’t they!

What would you guys do? Is there a market for a “real” jeep? Is this one?

https://jalopnik.com/the-mahindra-roxor ... 1823460351

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Re: A 21st century jeep prototype

Post by W. Winget » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:22 pm

Funny they should have shaped the grill in the shape of an "M" for Mahindra, but who in their right mind would buy a newly produced vehicle with top speed of 45mph in this day and age, unless they intend to flood the golf courses, trailer to beach/woods crowd. All sorts of problems with this in concept, You can buy an old CJ and totally rebuild it for under 10K. Perhaps it was supposed to be an April Fools joke released too early.
W. Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

Polar Roller
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Re: A 21st century jeep prototype

Post by Polar Roller » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Agree...I think there might be a market for a small jeep in the ATV market, and there 45 mph is fine...also, you dodge all the safety Reg’s and crash tests..let the consumer decide where to drive it. A few years ago driving through Montan and Northern Nevada, kids were driving ATVs all over the roads and no one seemed to care at all..

Still such a car would be a 75” or 80 WB and weigh no more than 1500 pounds...(my opinion of course)
S

Return to “BRC MA GP Prototypes”