restoration of my GP

1940 - 1941 BRC, MA, GP, Preproduction Prototypes. Knowledge Base NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

Moderator: DavidA

willy63
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

restoration of my GP

Post by willy63 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:23 pm

hello guys

after own my gp project from 5 years we will restore it this winter.
i have most of parts but still missing few .and need many advise as i dont know well the GP
where can i find the parts missing ?

in parts i will need to start
2 headlight
one horn and horn button
electrical wiring complete and many small parts (sensors for temp,oil press ,coil ,etc)

regarding engine does tractor ford engine have same piston ,cranshaft bearing ,valves etc?does starter motor same as tractor ?clutch ?

for the body my idea is to repair it as more as i can saving original panel ,so i think may be have little damage or body not perfect as new but original than changing complete side and floor and finally have most copy panel than original

any comments and advise are welcome
hellcat M18,chaffee M24,pacific M26,M8 and M20 armored cars,ferret MK2,diamond T969, MK2.

gpwmke
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General
Re: restoration of my GP

Post by gpwmke » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:34 pm

I strongly suggest you get a reproduction parts manual to help you reference part numbers to the parts you need. Brad Gates is a good source for parts. Most of engine parts and clutch parts can be purchased from a Ford tractor dealer or someone who rebuilds tractor engines. The cam shaft is specicifc to the GP if you can save it, otherwise a tractor cam shaft will work. GP oil pan is different then a tractor oil pan and the front engine mount is different for the GP then for the tractor. Hope this helps. The head for the GP is the one with the GP part number on it. You can use a tractor head but it may not have the correct mounting for the temperature gage. Best wishes; Leo

joe patroni
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: restoration of my GP

Post by joe patroni » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:49 am

Repro harness is available at MV spareparts

Return to “BRC MA GP Prototypes”