GP Engine crank shaft pulley

1940 - 1941 BRC, MA, GP, Preproduction Prototypes. Knowledge Base NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

Moderator: DavidA

R Ravencroft
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

GP Engine crank shaft pulley

Post by R Ravencroft » Wed May 03, 2017 12:13 am

Gents
I am looking for a replacement engine crankshaft pulley for my GP. I believe the originals were pressed steel and are usually well worn by this stage in life resulting in poor oil seal sealing. Am i right in thinking that they also suffer from metal fatigue. I am therefore looking for a suitable replacement. There are replacement turned steel pulleys for the 2n 8n 9n engine which also has provision for a power take off as fitted to tractors, i do not wish to go down this route if possible and therefore look for an alternative. If all else fails i will most likely turn one out on my lathe.
Cheers Richard

Brad Gates
G-Captain
G-Captain

Re: GP Engine crank shaft pulley

Post by Brad Gates » Wed May 03, 2017 5:16 am

Greetings Richard,
Have you considered a refurbished crank pulley? I currently have 3 GP engines in the shop being rebuilt and everyone had wear at the sealing surface. I press a stainless steel sleeve over the worn area and now have an original pulley BUT with a clean, pit free seal area. I have the sleeve OR a refurbished pulley available.
BRAD

R Ravencroft
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by R Ravencroft » Thu May 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Brad
Thank you for your suggestions regards sleeving i have done this on several worn output flanges but even that won't work in this case as i don't have a crank shaft pulley to refurbish. Please advise what cost a refurbished item would be. It may be that the cost of purchase and import duty this side of the pond doesn't make it a cost viable option. My alternative option is to turn one out on my lathe as the keyway is a simple cut in the shaft rather than an internal slot.
Cheers
Cheers Richard

Brad Gates
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by Brad Gates » Fri May 05, 2017 6:52 am

Richard,
Pulleys range in price from $125.00 to $150.00. Depends on the finish and appearance. Painted gloss BLACK. Priority shipping USPS, to UK is an "estimate" at $65.00. I can weigh and check actual shipping if interested. Thank You!
BRAD

Return to “BRC MA GP Prototypes”