GP Second Series front brake line layout

1940 - 1941 BRC, MA, GP, Preproduction Prototypes. Knowledge Base NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

Moderator: DavidA

R Ravencroft
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

GP Second Series front brake line layout

Post by R Ravencroft » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:21 pm

I am trying to confirm how the front steel brake line is attached to the chassis at the point where it fixes into the flexible brake line to serve the front axle. See attached photo which shows area of interest. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
DSC04365 - Copy.JPG
Series two Brake Line Layout
DSC04365 - Copy.JPG (124.78 KiB) Viewed 718 times
Cheers Richard

gpwmke
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General
Re: GP Second Series front brake line layout

Post by gpwmke » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:09 am

Greetings, If you pm me your email address I will send you a series of pictures on brake line routing for 2nd series GP. These were sent to me by Maurizio Beretta back in 2009. One of the pictures shows the inside frame rail on drivers side between the motor mount and the rear bracket for the front spring to mount in. On this area of inside frame rail there is a clamp that holds the steel brake line to the frame, and just forward of this clamp is the junction for the rubber brake hose to steel line transition. The rubber hose then goes to the tee fitting mounted on front axle differential housing just like the GPW layout. Remember though that the front drive shaft on GP is on driver side vs. passenger side on GPW so the longer brake line that follows the top of front axle goes to passenger side on GP. Perhaps you can post these photos on this post when you get them, so others can share the info. (I can't post to this site.) Best wishes; Leo

R Ravencroft
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Re: GP Second Series brake line layout

Post by R Ravencroft » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:35 am

Leo Jankowski has very kindly shared the following photos which indicate the layout of the front brake pipe relevant to the second series GP. It also show the rear chassis fixing plate which holds the flexible brake line from the rear axle.I believe the original information and photos were courtesy of Maurizio Beretta, now posted here for discussion or for future reference.
Once again thanks to Leo for sharing this information.
Attachments
brakes 011.jpg
Rear rubber to steel pipe chassis mount
brakes 011.jpg (102.96 KiB) Viewed 603 times
brakes 008.jpg
Front and rear pipe exist from master cylinder
brakes 008.jpg (107.82 KiB) Viewed 603 times
brakes 006.jpg
Front chassis to front axle rubber
brakes 006.jpg (96.48 KiB) Viewed 603 times
brakes 004.jpg
Second Series GP Front axle flexible brake line