Norden Bomb sight

and other stuff up in the air
patriot
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
Norden Bomb sight

Post by patriot » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Hello all, for obvious coolness reasons, I've wanted a Norden bomb sight since I was a kid. I have seen several come up for sale over the years, but never bought one, as I thought the prices were too high. Well, the prices keep climbing and I want to buy one before they totally get out of my price range. Most of the ones I've seen for sale are missing some or a lot of parts........I have never seen one that was totally complete for sale. My question is.......what should I expect to pay for one that is in mint condition and almost 100% complete? I know there are still several days to go, but I'm thinking this one has my name on it. How much should I expect to have to spend to get it? What is the "going rate" for one of this condition? I'm trying to figure out if I have to go get a loan from the bank :shock: !! I'm really hoping $2k would be more than enough to seal the deal, but I just don't know. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Patrick
Last edited by patriot on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Quest Master
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: Norden Bomb sight

Post by Quest Master » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:41 am

For just the M-9 "Norden" Bombsight....if patient, you can find them for under $1K. The lower part that the bombsight sits on, the C-1 Stabilizer, will cost you another $1500 on up. The B-7 mount (hard to find) that the whole thing sits on is another $500-$1000. Hope that helps.
Thanks,
Van
Kosovo, Afghanistan (x2) and Iraq Campaign Veteran
"If the DUKW was introduced in 1944 it would have been called a FUKW."
45 GMC DUKW (105mm)
42 Ford GPW
44 Willys MB
44 Clark CA-1
43 Studebaker T-24
42 Harley WLA
44 Cushman 53
42 Willys MBT