For Sale:Beautifully restored WWII Anti-Aircraft Searchlight

and other stuff up in the air
weasel nut
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

For Sale:Beautifully restored WWII Anti-Aircraft Searchlight

Post by weasel nut » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:52 pm

For Sale is a stunning example of an original WWII AAA searchlight.

My WWII anti-aircraft searchlight setup does not get enough use with my new job and I would like to move on to another project.

It is a beautifully restored 1942 Sperry 60" light (later version) with a 1942 General Electric Generator. The light beam is fully operational and will work on automatic feed mode. The generator is a 30KW DC unit powered by a Hercules JXD. It runs flawlessly. The internal tracking mechanism on the light is not installed or operating but comes with the sale. The generator is a fully restored GE model and is in excellent condition. Everything works flawlessly. I also have a NOS tracking station for the AAA battery commander. It is mint inside but does have some storage dust. With the sale goes several pallets of spare parts both new and used. Two original spare parts cabinets with depleted stock. Several containers of rods and the complete manual set. Also included is a second parts light (GE) and a second parts generator (GE) mounted on a single trailer setup. There is also the four wheel dolly for the generator separate but will be included in the sale. Itemized and complete details available to the serious.

The only negative of this is the mirror is not a "10". It will still throw the beam out 4 miles but will not go to 8 miles.

This is one of the finest examples on the east coast. The perfect accessory for a bofors owner or for someone who is into Air Corps/AAA collecting.

I have rented this out for several events and it is one of the only HMV's I own that will help pay its own way. Transportation to events can be accomplished on a 20' car trailer. All you need is a trailer mounted winch.

Price is $42,000 USD. Will talk to the serious.

This is an unbelievable people magnet. It has always been stored inside. There are several members of this forum who have seen it in action and can attest to its condition and operation.

I will show you how to operate it and go over basic maintenance. It is located in New Hampshire.

Also available to the purchaser is a restored G221 M1 searchlight trailer. With wheel chalks and the correct original tie downs.

Plenty more pictures available.

Will technically assist your shipping broker with shipment internationally. It should all fit in a 40 foot CONEX

Contact me by PM please.

Bill
Last edited by weasel nut on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
42 Chevy 125 Crash Truck from Dow AAFB, 44 Chevy 325 Crash Truck, 42 WC-54, 44 M29C Weasel, 45 CCKW 353 A2 Air-portable, 44 Case VAIW Tug, M-5 HST, 42 M-10 Ammo, Steel & Wood Ben Hur, 43 Sperry AA Searchlight, 41 Wehrmacht Trailer, PE-95G, PE-99B

kdsmilitary
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: For Sale:Beautifully restored WWII Anti-Aircraft Searchlight

Post by kdsmilitary » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:13 am

I know it has been a long time since this was posted, but I was wondering if the searchlight unit was still for sale, or if it has already found a new home.

Thank you,

Kirk Skaggs
Seattle MVCC
Capt. Kirk
42 Dodge WC52, 41 GMC CCW,
51 Willy's M38A1, 42 Diamond T 969
1942A GE Searchlight,
67 Kaiser M715, 62 Ford M151

acourter
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by acourter » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Do you still have the M1 trailer and is it for sale?

weasel nut
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by weasel nut » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:51 pm

I still have the trailer. It has been restored since the first post.

It will not be sold separately.
42 Chevy 125 Crash Truck from Dow AAFB, 44 Chevy 325 Crash Truck, 42 WC-54, 44 M29C Weasel, 45 CCKW 353 A2 Air-portable, 44 Case VAIW Tug, M-5 HST, 42 M-10 Ammo, Steel & Wood Ben Hur, 43 Sperry AA Searchlight, 41 Wehrmacht Trailer, PE-95G, PE-99B

kdsmilitary
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by kdsmilitary » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:15 pm

Thank you for the quick response.

Kirk
Capt. Kirk
42 Dodge WC52, 41 GMC CCW,
51 Willy's M38A1, 42 Diamond T 969
1942A GE Searchlight,
67 Kaiser M715, 62 Ford M151