FS: 1953 MK 1/2 Daimler Ferret Scout Car

Armor, Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
martinwcox
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
FS: 1953 MK 1/2 Daimler Ferret Scout Car

Post by martinwcox » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:47 am

Listing for sale my 1953 MK 1/2 Daimler Ferret Scout Car. $29,500 OBO

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7KdR3 ... sp=sharing

Included in the sale is a ‘new’ MOD Rebuilt Gearbox that I purchased from the UK as an insurance policy should there ever be a need to replace it.

Also included is a deactivated and never can be reactivated Browning 1919A4 in the turret.

Built in 1953 as a MK1, has the early square driver’s hatches, then deployed to Singapore and later modified with the addition of the turret to a MK2, probably done when it returned to the UK.

I have a letter from Jaguar and a copy from the factory build records certifying this to have been vehicle number 69 built.

Also have copies the history cards from the Bovington Tank Museum.

The vehicle has an electric fuel pump fitted replacing the original mechanical one that must have failed at some point in earlier ownership.
I have replaced the exhaust system and the charging system control box that was problematic when I first received the vehicle 2 years ago.
This is fitted with the later Alternator Generator rather than the original 2-speed generator and would have been done during one of the refits that these vehicles often went thru.
New batteries and Battery Tenders fitted.

Fun to drive, used in parades and taken to local car shows.
This fits in a standard garage and is a great first piece of armor to own.

Titled and registered in MA as a 1952.

Located in Wilmington, MA

Sold ‘as is’.
Shipping responsibility of purchaser, I can assist with loading.

For further information email martinwcox1@gmail.com or text 978 604 8377

Return to “Armor”