.. KCR ..........

M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
tbied2
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

.. KCR ..........

Post by tbied2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:50 am

,,... well;.. the liability insurance limit has been raised on any vehicle used at the shoot. be sure that you meet the requirements before you go.........
Last edited by tbied2 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuck W.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Re: .. KCR ..........

Post by Chuck W. » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:16 pm

I've had a few people who asked me about taking a mule to KCR, but I know nothing about it and was not able to help them. Can you post what you know about taking a vehicle, who to contact, requirements, experiences, etc? Thanks!

Gunslinger1$
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Gunslinger1$ » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:59 pm

You have to have a valid drivers license. Liability insurance for 1 hundred thousand dollars. You just go to the office there when you arrive and request a mule permit. It doesn't cost anything. They will issue you the permit and you have to attach it to your mule. That's it. I think they are pushing that insurance to cut down on the amount of mules coming to the show. I don't have any proof to that, but I have heard a few comments.

tga
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by tga » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:55 pm

I heard they are imposing the 100k liability insurance on all vendors also....I'm assuming it's to reduce their liability insurance costs for the show. Hope it's not the beginning of the end...

old man
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by old man » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:12 am

Not surprised at all. Up here in Minnesota it is becoming the norm. most parades are now requiring 100000.00 liab. I talked with several different organizers about it. mainly saying you invite us to bring our vehicles (for me it is the mule) and then tell us we need the high insurance. Most of them answered with, they understand how we feel. But there are to many sue happy people out there.
insurance cost is one of the reasons that caused the close of the Iola wi show. The new wisc. show has restrictions of all vehicles can not be started or driven during public hours due to insurance.
Very sad but maybe a sign of the times.

tbied2
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by tbied2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:43 pm

... when i got a call the other day from KCR, i was at a bulldozer/equipment auction. one of the workers told me their liability insurance is always going up. on the way home, stopped at my agent & he said 100,000 on my two mules would cost about $20 more on each. my insurance covers me at all events. i go to several parades. and,, i have seen some really stupid accidents at them. dirt bike wheelies into crowd/ broke legs; go carts hitting kids getting candy, more legs. helium balloons into elec. wires. the most spectacular>>> one fire dept turned over their water tanker,,, and another (while moving) raised an eighty foot aerial ladder into hi-tension wires,......... so;;.. having a little coverage is a good idea.

Gunslinger1$
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Gunslinger1$ » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:58 pm

I checked with my agent and he said I already have 300000.00

tbied2
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by tbied2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:18 pm

,,, darn;... if i get run over, i hope it is by you...............................

Gunslinger1$
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Gunslinger1$ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:05 pm

tbied2 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:18 pm
,,, darn;... if i get run over, i hope it is by you...............................
Be careful what you wish for :lol:

Return to “Mule M274”