emissions sticker

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

Action

emissions sticker

Post by Action » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:18 am

Someone in CA is looking to buy my Humvee. His DMV told him it has to have the Environmental Emissions Standards sticker on it. I don't think I have ever seen that on my Humvee. Only the GM sticker on the left valve sticker describing the engine. Do any of you guys in CA have that EES sticker? Did you obtain it or did it come on the Humvee? One DMV in Indiana has never heard of such a thing.Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason

Mark Rozak
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by Mark Rozak » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:59 am

In Ohio, certain counties have an emissions check. It is called E Check. There are regional centers equipped to check vehicle exhaust. These tests are based oc CA tests and completed on a dyno. The test simulates various road hill conditions. The fee is $19.50 Is this transferable? http://www.epa.state.oh.us/dapc/mobile.html

Action

e-check

Post by Action » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:34 pm

Before coming here, I called an Ohio e-check station. We don't need it in Indiana, so I called there. He said that is not what I am looking for. He said it should come from the manufacturer of the vehicle.

Jason

ReconHumvee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Post by ReconHumvee » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:02 pm

Never heard of this sticker for a diesel in CA. Maybe it is new requirement for diese
ls.

Action

sticker

Post by Action » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:03 am

It is know as the VECI sticker. It is required on cars and light duty trucks from 1970 on. I figure since the Humvee is a Class 3 truck, it is not a light duty truck?

Jason

ReconHumvee
Post by ReconHumvee » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:40 am

That would make sense considering I have commercial plates

gotcali
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Re: emissions sticker

Post by gotcali » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:37 pm

I have a few left for sale... if anyone needs them please send a text to 9099943244. Or look them up on eBay too. Thank you.

Eric

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”