More 24v to 12v conversion questions

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

RockHillWill
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

More 24v to 12v conversion questions

Post by RockHillWill » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:20 pm

I have decided to try another way to get the 12v to run a cell phone, GPS and a 2-meter HAM radio. I expect to run the GPS and only one of the radios at the same time. I believe I have the VIC3 items and cables figured out and would like to get my 12v power from a converter mounted at the radio shelves. I have included a schematic of what I have and hopefully it shows where I want to go with wiring. I used a continuity tester to trace the wires in that power supply 'box' and assume that the 24v passes thru those two outlets. My question is: How might I tap into the 24v in that power box/cable/? in a manner that I can connect my converter to it. Also, I have to admit, I have no idea what to do with the cell phone 'box' that I got from Augi.

I have in my possession one cable #CX-13473-3 and one cable #CX-13489-3. Can I use them anywhere in this scenario?

Any help keeps me going, Thanks!
Attachments
VIC3COMM.jpg
VIC3COMM.jpg (64.24 KiB) Viewed 426 times
pOWER SUPPLY 026.jpg
pOWER SUPPLY 026.jpg (112.37 KiB) Viewed 426 times
PowBox.jpg
PowBox.jpg (40.27 KiB) Viewed 426 times

Eodguy02
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Re: More 24v to 12v conversion questions

Post by Eodguy02 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:39 pm

The cell phone box from August will plug directly into the MCS with the included radio cable that was in your kit. as for Ham and CB that will be a little more creative. As for the 24v to 12v the best recommendation is to run that separately off the batteries so you don’t excessively pull to much power through the radio tray (not that it’s likely).

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”