Traveling supplies, spares and tools?

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

RockHillWill
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Traveling supplies, spares and tools?

Post by RockHillWill » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:47 pm

What are some good items to consider for taking along on the smaller trips of about 2 -4 hours each way. I anticipate most of this on highways. I am speaking of spare belts? hoses?, etc. Gas, oil and water??? Tire change tools?? motor repair tools?? spares??. A trip is not eminent, but I am getting more into the Humvee updating as the speedster nears completion.

DockRocker
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
Re: Traveling supplies, spares and tools?

Post by DockRocker » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Join AAA! No kidding just do it.

Some of all of the fluids.

A GOOD jack, and a better than Good spare. A runflat is awesome if you are getting shot at but if you drive on it long it’s going to tear up fenders, diesel tanks, drive shafts etcetera.

I have a little bag with a set of wire cutters, crimper, some butt splices and various other wire repair stuff. No telling what you may need so I have a very diverse supply.

Belts really aren’t really something you can change on the roadside unless you have put the QD on the hydraulic line going to the fan. I wouldn’t bother with belts unless you have done that mod.

I have a homemade radiator hose fix that’s just two clamps with a sleeve that slides in the hose. I also have a few various sizes radiator clamps.

Last but not least a good tow rope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”