High beam vs low beam at light switch

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

RockHillWill
Sergeant Major of the Gee

High beam vs low beam at light switch

Post by RockHillWill » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:10 am

I just received my first Humvee less than two weeks ago. and have begun to do some of the PM work. I have changed the oil (it looked new, and when changing the air filter discovered that it WAS new. The truck came without headlights, as shown in the ad, and one bulb was found in the back. I bought two new old style light bulbs to get things under way. Installation seemed to be no issue, but figuring out the light switch to make the lights switch from bright to dim has been as issue so far. It seems that all the running lights, turn signals and B/O and horn are working OK. I am thinking that perhaps because the truck had no lights when purchased there might possibly be an issue of some sort. With the switch itself? What is the correct position(s) of the light switch to go from dim to bright? Thanks!

DockRocker
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
Re: High beam vs low beam at light switch

Post by DockRocker » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:32 am

The dimmer for the headlights is on the driver floorboard by your left foot. Is that what you are using? Is the switch not functioning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:16 am

The DIM and BRIGHT switch on the dash is for the dash lights. On the light switch, you must have the top lever all the way to the right for the headlights to come on.

Jason

RockHillWill

Post by RockHillWill » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:07 am

Hey guys, I'm embarrassed. I was too caught up in the excitement of learning 'new things' that I overlooked the obvious. When my friend from the motor pool was helping me, we were discussing how the dash switch worked and I just did not stop and think. Thanks!

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”