TM info for camo screen on M1026

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

RockHillWill
Sergeant Major of the Gee

TM info for camo screen on M1026

Post by RockHillWill » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Been practicing looking up part numbers, etc in the TM's, but have been unable to locate the part number for the camo screen and supports that are installed with the tailgate straps on an M-1025, M1026 or the M1026A1. Can these be installed when the spare tire bracket is installed on the airlift bumper?
Last edited by RockHillWill on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

JuanPrado
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Re: TM info for camo screnn on M1026

Post by JuanPrado » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:07 pm

The straps are really long. I did not realize it till I got them in my hand. Wide, big, heavy and long. That is why you see most of them zip tied together when on the tailgates with nothing attached.

I am about to install on mine with a tire carrier. I do not see an issue unless you are using them for the intended purpose. Someone here posted a picture of the big ole bag with the camo net and poles. It is closer to the ground than I would want to use it. It looked like the standard rectangular camo net bag I have seen.

Only issue is if you are running a 4 or 2 man cargo cover, is the footloops for the cargo cover on the tailgate. Both look like they can be installed at the same time but careful measuring and precise fitment as the slant backs are the only ones I think that got the straps and typically don't have the deep footloops for a cover.

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dilvoy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Good luck finding the camo netting these days. The Gov. stopped selling them surplus years ago, because illegal growers were using them to hide their crops from the IR Sensors in aircraft.
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

ryanruck
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by ryanruck » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:07 pm

dilvoy wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 pm
Good luck finding the camo netting these days. The Gov. stopped selling them surplus years ago, because illegal growers were using them to hide their crops from the IR Sensors in aircraft.
Old Grouch's has both the diamond and hexagon shaped ones, brand new, at pretty reasonable prices.

I ordered a hexagon one a couple weeks ago, got it pretty quickly, and they are just as described.

http://store.oldgrouch.biz/ulcanelasi.html

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:16 pm

dilvoy wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 pm
I sent pver a dozen kits to Vegas 2 years ago. Thay would cover more than a large field.....

Jason

RockHillWill

Post by RockHillWill » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:51 am

I understand that there are poles that are part of that assembly. Would the TM's show a part number and schematic for this combination? That is what I am actually looking for.

ryanruck
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by ryanruck » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:16 am

RockHillWill wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:51 am
I understand that there are poles that are part of that assembly. Would the TM's show a part number and schematic for this combination? That is what I am actually looking for.
Do you mean the netting support system?

I don't think there's a vehicle specific one but I could be wrong. So far as I know it's just one that goes with the netting system.

They're actually pretty easy to find and can be had relatively inexpensively. I got mine NIB for $75 locally. You can find them on eBay searching for "camouflage support system". NSN is 1080-01-179-6035.

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: TM info for camo screen on M1026

Post by Action » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:55 am

The pole sets come in fiberglass or aluminum. Metal usually get bought by scrap folks. I have seen new fiberglass kits at MV shows for under $10 ! I had a skid of those too. Lol.

Jason

Mark Rozak
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by Mark Rozak » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:13 pm

TM 5-1080-200-13&P is 135 pages available free from liberated manuals.

RockHillWill

Post by RockHillWill » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:48 am

Thank you Mark for taking the time to provide that info. That is exactly what I was seeking. Thanks again.

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:30 am

RockHillWill wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:48 am
Thank you Mark for taking the time to provide that info. That is exactly what I was seeking. Thanks again.
But, that isnt what you asked for. You wanted the part number for the net, not the TM.
Just sayin...

Jason

RockHillWill

Post by RockHillWill » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:45 am

Jason, this is the second time that you have admonished me for not 'towing the line' to suit you. Are you suggesting that I cannot remember what I asked for? I am neither young nor ignorant! In my life, I have had some experiences that I would not wish on my worst enemy and have experienced a few moments that few men can dream of, but in this case I am embarking on a new venture. I am new here and was merely trying to show my respect and appreciation to some one that looked like he actually spent some time trying to help me. I was able to use the TMs to get MANY part numbers.

ryanruck
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by ryanruck » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:04 am

In fairness, I was a little confused by the question too. I thought you were looking for the NSN for the support system, not the TM for use of the support system and netting specifically.

Thanks to Mark for the TM though! I downloaded it for my reference too.

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:02 pm

No disrespect meant. I rread into things just like the words are put down. I question all kinds of things. Meaning, your original question wasn't answered, but the reply you got is what you wanted. I was confused.

And the first time....
RockHillWill wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:55 am
I have built three complete cars from scratch and the Highway Patrol eventually gave all three a VIN number, and I guess my more appropriate question was weather to try it without any title or use the Govplanet Minnesota title, and try to get it converted.
that frustrates me when folks ask for help or ideas to sneak around and get a title.

I am glad you found what you needed.

Jason

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dilvoy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:54 pm

RockHillWill wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:04 pm
Been practicing looking up part numbers, etc in the TM's, but have been unable to locate the part number for the camo screen and supports that are installed with the tailgate straps on an M-1025, M1026 or the M1026A1. Can these be installed when the spare tire bracket is installed on the airlift bumper?
I think by the time the Rhino Lift Tire Carriers were being fitted to the Humvee, they had stopped making Humvees with the Tail Gate Straps and had the Cargo Net footman loops up on the Cargo Hatch.
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”