US Shift Controller Wiring Question

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

dodgemain
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

US Shift Controller Wiring Question

Post by dodgemain » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:29 am

Hi,
I have been working on installing a 4L80E in my M998. Almost to the point where I can start installing the controller I got from US Shift. Does anyone have any installation tips. My main question is how/where do I connect the Power Wire? In the manual it says "ignition-switched power wire." How does that apply to a HMMWV? The truck does have a 200 Amp generator.
Thanks

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: US Shift Controller Wiring Question

Post by dilvoy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:26 am

You will have 24 volts at that wire on the Humvee so that Probably won't work with your controller, but you can split off that wire to a relay so when the ignition is activated the relay activates a link to 12 volts. The wires for the switch are as follows.

11A 24 Volt Power
29A Run
14A Start
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

dodgemain
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: US Shift Controller Wiring Question

Post by dodgemain » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:13 am

Hi dilvoy,
Thanks for the help. Ended up following the wiring diagram in the manual. Once you and guy I work with explained it to me it was very easy. Purchased a 24 volt relay and mounted it in the battery compartment.
Thanks
dilvoy wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:26 am
You will have 24 volts at that wire on the Humvee so that Probably won't work with your controller, but you can split off that wire to a relay so when the ignition is activated the relay activates a link to 12 volts. The wires for the switch are as follows.

11A 24 Volt Power
29A Run
14A Start

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”