BAE taillight

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: BAE taillight

Post by dilvoy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:22 pm

The brights show up much better in this photo. Different pattern than the typical "V" shaped light pattern of the "normal" Trucklits, but similar in size and brightness so very compatible. It is just the low or dim light that is just off. I guess this may be a simple early light or maybe a not used prototype that was very basic in the leds used or just good enough for the job?

George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dilvoy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:26 pm

Kurt Lesser wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:21 pm
I was finally able to get mine opened up with a set of surgical bone nippers and found the same things you have. The motor for the shutter and the lights are a no brainer, now all we have to do is come up with some of the other components and the cables. If we can figure out how the camera controls and signals work the cabling won't be that big a problem. I've tried contacting several BAE sites but no one seems to know anything about these tail lights. If we find the right division we might be able to get some useful info. Either that or we need to get a control box and do some reverse engineering.

Kurt

I can't help any more Kurt. I stressed my brain just doing this simple stuff so someone else has to work on the camera part, because I am sure to let all the special smoke out.
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

86humv
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by 86humv » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:39 pm

BAE said 3 leds for park light is normal.
They done testing on this.
The LED'S put out a little heat, so 3 worked better than 20+ for the thermal camera.
86 Hmmwv
Lots A parts
M101A2 trailer
M1102 trailer

falcom
G-Private
G-Private

Post by falcom » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Can anyone help me with wiring the taillight? i need pinoouts for the 19 pin connector such as power, video, contrast and brightness controls.
Thanks in Advance.
Dave

STUDENT-DRIVER
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by STUDENT-DRIVER » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:59 am

You need the control box this isn‘t just a analog camera…
So without the box it‘s pretty useless
I break it, I fix it!

http://youtube.com/user/STUDENTDRIVER123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Playmate of the month April 2011 (HUMMER CAL.)

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”