Where's Tower Park??

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Club Forum.

Moderator: John Neuenburg

Ed Roberts
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Re: Where's Tower Park??

Post by Ed Roberts » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:33 pm

Ok, here we go, Neuenberg. I am not alone. You're only half as smart as me, so if we're together, that makes us Ignorami. Plural. MVCC history: rolling back to Kurt's very important note- we are and always have been a family oriented group of like minded history buffs that focus on military vehicles. The club was not built to buy and sell but rather for like minded people to come together and share interests. With their families and friends. It's nice and good to have the vendors with us, but I'll tell you every important deal I ever made was with a more member than vendor person I met thru the club. Little known fact: Mr. Neuenberg has also been known as "Picklehead" which is easier to spell. Details upon request. Club history.
Grape Nehi's for all my friends, Eddie
V/r Eddie
1942 GPW #5739 "Sentimental Reasons"
MVPA & MVCC

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:33 am

Just so we are talking the same language folks, if I say "swap meet" or "vendors" I mean all sellers. An amateur cleaning out his shed is much like a pro. Sometimes using these terms are to differentiate between the annual swap meet/gatherings promoted by the MVCC that attract people from multiple states and even countries, to other more regional events that are mostly driving-oriented or public displays. Car clubs are inherently local, with members socializing, showing off their rides, and sometimes driving. Sometimes vending is included although the more driving there is the fewer buyers are around, so vending doesn't take hold. The Spring and Fall MVCC-promoted meets have grown to be big buying/selling opportunities because there is a need for parts and buyers like to examine them, especially original parts. These types of meets attract more people from farther away than other types of events. More people + more MVs = more FUN!

People come to events for a variety of reasons. The organizers need to acknowledge that and try to make the event work as good as possible for everybody. For example a driving event will be back on the Fall 2018 meet schedule. My 2 cents.
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

Scroungerm5
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by Scroungerm5 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:23 am

John's name IS a little confusing, perhaps call him by his old time name.....Picklehead.....just another story he will have explain over cocktails.

Return to “MVCC”