new name for april meet

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Club Forum.

Moderator: John Neuenburg

Greg Lalonde
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

convoy to the coast.

Post by Greg Lalonde » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:09 pm

now that we have a new name for our spring meet,who"s up for a convoy to the coast?i think the friday of the meet would be a good day.no crowds,no traffic,on nice back roads.a dozen or more vehicles would be great.email me if interested.i will try to organize it,if i get some decent response. email me. greglalonde63@yahoo.com. or give me a call.1-707-337-9542.lets do this.john n. likes the idea to. p.s.maybe do lunch at dillon beach,weather permitting of course.
Last edited by Greg Lalonde on Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DavidA
Equipment Operator, Heavy -2nd Class
Equipment Operator, Heavy -2nd Class

Re: new name for april meet

Post by DavidA » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:54 am

How'd I miss that vote? Hmmm...I guess I wasn't paying attention somewhere. Personally, I liked the Camp Penry idea with the addition of MVCC "For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. Sgt. Penry, Company C, distinguished himself while serving as a rifleman during a night ambush mission."

"MVCC Camp Penry"

Sorry I missed the voting...
David Aro - USN SEABEES '66-'70
1941 WILLYS MB-104354
1942 WILLYS MB-131350

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Re: new name for april meet

Post by John Neuenburg » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:17 pm

That's a good name. Simple, and when someone says "See you in (or at) Petaluma" it includes the official name of the meet. After some exposure, someone in Texas or France will google MV and Petaluma and our info should show up on the first results page.

Thanks for stretching out the decision-making process to let people participate and comment. Most people anyway! :P
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

Return to “MVCC”