PDX Cruise-In, Aug 14th

Military Vehicle Collectors Club of Oregon Club Forum.

Moderator: Steve Greenberg

ivanbartov
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

PDX Cruise-In, Aug 14th

Post by ivanbartov » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:59 pm

I spoke to Bob from the the Customer Service Office at PDX yesterday, July 14th. He confirmed that this year's date for the PDX Car Show and Fly-in is Friday, Aug 14th from 0900 - 1400. He said he'd like to see more MV's this year if possible. Steve Greenberg brought his DUKW and I had my WLA there last year, and I'm planning to bring my WLA back this year as long as my boss gives me Leave from work (I applied for the Leave today). The show is held at the PDX Fire Station just North of the North runway right off Marine Drive. Last year they had raffles for some decent prize give-aways (I won a 4.5" angle grinder myself). It's worth a look and a few hours of your time, if you have the time available naturally.
"Keep 'em rolling!"

John Barta, MSgt, USAF (Ret)
42 WLA ("Hun Huntin' Harley")
MVPA #31360
NRA Life Member

ivanbartov
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: PDX Cruise-In, Aug 14th

Post by ivanbartov » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Just confirming I did get my Leave approved to be off work that day of the Cruise In -- Friday, Aug 14th; so I hope to see a few more MV's there this year if you can possibly make it.

Also wanted to update folks that they're recommending you come in on 33rd past the Armory. While they don't say why, I'm pretty certain it has to do with a lot of heavy construction equipment moving up and down Marine Drive due to re-surfacing construction taking place on the North Runway.
"Keep 'em rolling!"

MVPA #31360
NRA Life Member

ivanbartov
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by ivanbartov » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Just discovered a huge mistake in the times of the Cruise in. It runs from 2:00 p.m. till 9:00 p.m. that Fri afternoon, NOT 9:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. like the original post says. Sorry for the error, but maybe now it will mean a few more folks can make it who were put off by the time of day before. Sorry about that. . .
"Keep 'em rolling!"

MVPA #31360
NRA Life Member

DanMartin
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by DanMartin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:09 am

Is there a street address for the location? If I were to attend, I would like to use my GPS to get there, as I am not familiar with that area of town.
Dan Martin
Hillsboro, OR
MVPA #31124
MVCCO #828

We shall not cease from exploration
and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started
and know the place for the first time
- T.S. Eliot

Return to “MVCCO”