Indian Mary event

Southern Oregon Military Vehicle Collectors Club Forum.

Moderator: Bulldog58

wee-bit weez
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Indian Mary event

Post by wee-bit weez » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:37 pm

Attended the IM event on the Rogue this past weekend. This event in the past has been a very well organized, well communicated fantastic event. Unfortunately most attendees were a bit confused as to what was planned. Upon our arrival Thursday there was one person there and then by Friday we had 3 campsites with members. The "past" president greeted us and made some plans for a Friday jeep trip. We rounded up again on Saturday morning and again took another jeep tour lead by the "past" leader!! Never any communication from the current president of the club,,,,,,,,until,,,,we return from our outing late Saturday afternoon and we are questioned as to whether we are attending a dinner!! Really,,,,,the leader has his campsite reserved since Thursday! The people there were convinced no one else was coming by that time. The majority of us came from more than 200 miles away and the club leader can't get word to us as to what's going on and he lives relatively close!! This is ridiculous and disrespectful to the club. There is really no excuses for not communicating which he tried but we didn't buy it. We also ran into a member at the store in Merlin and he saw the jeeps and asked what was going on. When we told him about the event he said he had no clue it was happening!! This site(G503) is an excellent source for communication even if the newsletter was lacking. Our group had a great time regardless and we thank FS for the hospitality and respect we received from him during our stay!! You are a true leader and friend!! Thank you!!
'42 Ford GPW/M100
M75
M35A2
M37
COG
MVCC
MVPA#29866

Ron McCue
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Re: Indian Mary event

Post by Ron McCue » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Well I could not have said it any better.......Almost wasn't worth the long trip. I did enjoy the company that was there from Thursday on.... I also agree that there should be better communication, Its a strange feeling showing up with no one there, other than my neighbors from here in the north. I want to personally thank Frank, for taking the time and for going above and beyond to at least make it a nice visit.

Ron
Ron McCue
MVCC & MVCCO
MVPA 28738
1943 GPW 116459 DOD 5-5-43

Mike Seymour
U.S.N. Vietnam Veteran
U.S.N. Vietnam Veteran

Post by Mike Seymour » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Looks like you folks should hold an emergency club election.....
Mike Seymour
'43 MB 'Blondie'
'53 M38a1 'Dagwood'
SOMVCC
COG
MVPA #24294

sgtjswife
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by sgtjswife » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Those who attended live 200+ miles away. They do not live in So. Oregon. Those of us from out of the area and out of state loved the IM meet. Too bad it was not advertized and attended this year. Leadership and communication are both keys to any successful organization.

Kim McCue
G-Civilian

Post by Kim McCue » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:16 am

It was a shame there was not more communication, however those of us that did show up made the best of it! In the past there has always been communication and it has always been a MUST go event! I completely understand things come up like work, however I worked a full day and still drove 4 hours to partake and if it wasn't for Frank who planned trail rides it would have been just an ordinary camp trip! Thank u Frank n Ron for taking the time out of your schedule to make this trip worth it for those taking part in your event!

Mac
USN - M37 - Rubiconer

Post by Mac » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:35 am

Sounds to me like it is the end of IM, and maybe SOMVCC !!---------------I was not aware of it being held in May, thought it was in June, since we gave up on the Merlin parade !!---------------Mac
42 MB #374967
27 trips over the Rubicon

37 MM AT CANNON (It is now complete)SOLD
Gatling Gun is next (pre Jeep era)IN USE BY CAVALRY
SOMVCC

MVCC
MVPA #25442
USS TAWASA ATF 92
MUDHILL MAC

Pablo66
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by Pablo66 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:24 pm

I showed up to say "hi" Friday evening just for a couple of minutes, and I was really looking forward to going on a run with you all Saturday morning. Had an emergency crop up that kept me busy all morning - you goats escaped their pen.
It was good to put some faces with some names, and check out the awesome jeeps and deuce. I hope I'll be able to attend some future events with you.

Paul
1987 1038 WIP
Having fun, faking it till I make it! (Or break it)

Return to “SOMVCC”