Selling my Slat Grill Jeep - Seattle area

ALL auctions and ALL listings from other websites.
jmw3d19
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Selling my Slat Grill Jeep - Seattle area

Post by jmw3d19 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:00 am

It has been awhile since Ive been on here, in that I mean years. I was having trouble finding my password and user name.

If you look back on my posting history I think you'll be able to find the comments made about this Jeep. It has been awhile like I said but I was able to do a google search and find them recently so they are active somewhere. The pictures arent active any more however but I still have all them and I will work to repost them.

I have been slowly working on my jeep for some time. Removing aftermarket/bubba parts from the frame and body and working on pulling the body off the frame. I really dont want to sell it but I dont have the time/money/experience to do this Jeep up right.I would hold on to it if it weren't a Slat Grill and needed a little less work. On that note local trades for any year MB/GPW may be considered if its in slightly better shape. (Something I can handle).

It has quite a few of the little parts that make a Slat Grill a Slat Grill. Both the frame and body are Slat Grill. It is a good candidate for a full restore rather than as a parts rig for the few Slat parts you might find on other ones.

A few things. First off I do have a title. It doesnt have the orginial motor and as a matter of fact its civilian motor. I cant find any number tags anywhere. Ive had it almost 10 years now and had no luck. The frame is boxed though where the front tag would be so it might be under there. I just dont have the experience to safely frome the extra metal.

The rear gears are in very small pieces. The worm gear inner shafts, and maybe even the carrier are in good shape. It is a Ford rear end from 1942. The front end is fine and I drove it a few times. The entire suspension system has been "upgraded" to modern CJ style shackles.

The engine was running fine 3 years ago. I go turn it over with a wrench once in awhile but I pulled the regulator to have it tested, it passed but I never put it all back together because I was planning on working on it more often.

It also has a military arctic top and doors all the glass is in good shape and it seems it was on there for a long time. The front floor pans are cacerous but hold my full standing weight (160lbs) Otherwise there is no other major rust. The fram is missing the circle part for the maching gun mount on the cross member. and it has a raised portion in the back about where the rear seat would mount to accomodate a more modern gas tank that was put up underneath the body.

Im sorry I have no pictures to post right this minute as I am at work and doing this on break. I will post them as soon as I can. I will also look for a link to the previous conversations regarding it. A lot of questions can be answered there.

Though I'm not keen on the idea of dealing with payment , if you want to ship it outside the Greater Seattle Wa/Puget Sound area please be prepared to make all the arrangements for pick up. If you are in the Puget Sound area I can deliver for an added fee. Please note my truck gets 4-8 miles to the gallon on a good day so the delivery will be priced accordingly.

Again I will have much more info and pics as soon as I get home. I really dont want to sell it but I would rather see it restored the way it should be and in a timely manner. Rather than me do it to my abilities and hav eit take 10 more years.
Last edited by jmw3d19 on Thu May 02, 2013 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sgt, USMC Slat Grill, no tags no numbers unfortunately

jmw3d19
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: Selling my Slat Grill

Post by jmw3d19 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:19 am

A link to the previous discussion regarding my Jeep.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=107483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmw3d19
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: Selling my Slat Grill

Post by jmw3d19 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:27 am

I hope this works. These are all the pictures I have ever posted here plus some.

http://s76.photobucket.com/user/picsine ... rue&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jon
Australian Army (Retired) R.A.E.M.E.
Australian Army (Retired) R.A.E.M.E.

Re: Selling my Slat Grill Jeep - Seattle area

Post by Jon » Thu May 02, 2013 12:21 pm

You might consider putting a price on it .
Jon Rogers
AUSTRALIA

http://jeepdraw.com JeepDraw Home Page & Drawings
Parts Colours Page http://jeepdraw.com/PART_COLOURS.htm
1944 GPW195611 20531384 ACM-2 17781
1942 MBT 19433W

jmw3d19
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by jmw3d19 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:37 pm

I have no idea where to start thats why I left it opened ended. The 3 most recent listings are 10-17,000 respectively. I guess I can start at the low end $10,000 and go from there.

You all know better than I do about what its worth though so any reasonable off will be considered. To me owning an old military Jeep has been a life time goal so I can't put a price on it. Seeing it restored though is equally as important. I'm not the type to let it turn into a rust stain on the garage floor.

Trades for a MB/GPW of equal value or some other car or truck produced before 1969 in good enough shape to be driven every day. A newer motorcycle or heck even an RV. I'm open for just about anything. I want to see it restored because I can't right now and it should be.

Michael O.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Michael O. » Thu May 09, 2013 7:05 am

Your photos from the previous thread are not active, Perhaps you can repost them?
Michael O’Connell

Too many jeeps…and a Dodge.

MVPA 13861

Dave K.
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Dave K. » Tue May 14, 2013 7:18 am

So many important things missing and with so much work to be done on the existing parts---I would probably part it out for the parts that are there...... the speedo would fetch some good bucks, looks like an early radiator, and some other bits would likely surface. Going by memory of the pics I reviewed. Dunno but after working on my Slat there are so many pieces here that would be needed and aren't easy to find--windshield, wheels, grill (okay, repros), air cleaner, seats, engine, deflectors, fenders (possibly save those), bumper, etc.....Just one restorer's opinion!

Farrell Fox
banned

Post by Farrell Fox » Mon May 20, 2013 3:00 pm

[Post Deleted By Author]
Last edited by Farrell Fox on Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4th Tank Battalion, 4th Marine Division
M1A1 Main Battle Tank Mechanic
M88 Armored Vehicle Recovery Operator
AVLB Operator

jmw3d19
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by jmw3d19 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm open to offers. I have no intention of parting it out. I'll continue to work on it slowly but surely. If you read the other post related to it you can get more information and the opinions of other members of this forum.

The pictures, very detailed ones, are available on the photobucket link I provided.
http://s76.photobucket.com/user/picsine ... rue&page=1

jmw3d19
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by jmw3d19 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:17 pm

I am still interested in selling this Jeep. I managed to cut away metal around where the tag should be behind the front bumper and it had been removed a long time ago.

As time permits, I am working on getting all the bubba bits off her.

If you're interested a better way to contact me is by email jmw3d19@aol.com.

Any offer will be considered.

Return to “Auction, Craigslist, Other Listings”