Need Info: Importing Russian GAZ 67s Into The US

Other MV's, Non U.S. Manufacture
Dave K.
G-Colonel
G-Colonel
Need Info: Importing Russian GAZ 67s Into The US

Post by Dave K. » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:58 am

During my recent trip to Russia I found a couple of early GAZ's and am thinking of bringing them to the States--I would appreciate any tips the folks out there might have on difficulties experienced, what to do, etc.

Thanks in advance. Regards, Dave K.

Lahti35
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Prepare to be frustrated beyond your wildest dreams.

Post by Lahti35 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:38 pm

All i can say is that you got some guts...taking on customs like that...I tried to do it a few years back as there was a gaz69 i wanted to bring in from CZ. It got ugly before i could even go ahead with the deal.....i ended up just buying one from FL. On the other hand a guy i knew got one from the UK and it went smooth as can be....even though he had to wait around the port for a few days to take care of all the paper work crap. He said it was VERY important that the vehicle be clean underneath. Go slow....keep cool, and remember whats at the end of the customs tunnel. We need more of these soviet vehicles in the US!

Are the ones you're looking at running? Know of any Gaz67 and 69 parts stashes? I go a few things i need for my 69.
That, my friends, is the minority vote.... Mr. Bill Cutting on NY politics.

1941 Swiss Army bicycle
1964 Gaz69M Done...3 years coming!
1942 Winchester M1 Garand..blam, blam...ching!

Goranwc51
G-Major
G-Major

Post by Goranwc51 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:40 am

Hi Dave,

First of all: Good Luck! - you will need it...... Russians are VERY special people to deal with. Once you show interest of the junk they have they suddenly think it is worth a million dollars.

Made a deal to buy 5.000 military tents for 175 USD/each. Set price agreed with a handshake, vodka, vodka, etc. When it was time for delivery the price had rissen to 1.750 USD/each! The tents are still there, as far as I know...

Later
Goran WC51 - Dodge4Ever

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:39 pm

Have been trying for almost a year to get a BRDM imported. It was almost 3 months to get the import papework from ATF plus you need export paperwork to get it out of the place it is from. The next thing is shipping have been waiting over 6 months for shipping from the place that did my paperwork. All i will say is this the paperwork was 600.00 most guys charge 1000.00. If its real cheap and you can wait a long time to get your stuff do it. If not it really sucks waiting for almost a year to get your stuff. Did buy the BRDM last Sept.04 got the paper from ATF mid Dec. Been screwed around on shipping for 6 months still with no ship date in sight. The only thing that has happened they did offer to buy my truck for half the price i paid for it. Did give them the OK to ship the truck early Jan.05 still waiting. Still want to do it?

alleramilitaria

Post by alleramilitaria » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:44 am

i brought a morris truck into the us. for shipping from central germany to the US was $1500.00, the catch was the long shorman in the US. SOBs charged $1000.00 just to "open the container" + another $500.00 for customs. make sure your import company gets the DOT paperwork done, or the vehicles could be seized and dumpen in the ocean!!! but i had to insert the key and open the doors. just be ready to get screwed just as bad here as you would be at the port of departure.

Lahti35

Post by Lahti35 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:00 pm

Hey Dave K!

Did you ever import a Gaz67? Still working on it or not?

Jason
That, my friends, is the minority vote.... Mr. Bill Cutting on NY politics.

1941 Swiss Army bicycle
1964 Gaz69M Done...3 years coming!
1942 Winchester M1 Garand..blam, blam...ching!

Return to “Other MV's, Non U.S. Manufacture”