So how about China? Beemer repop sidecar

Other MV's, Non U.S. Manufacture
4444Design
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
So how about China? Beemer repop sidecar

Post by 4444Design » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:45 am

Been lurking around on the forum for quiet some time

back at home i used to ride a M201 hotchkiss in WW2 outfit but since i moved to china i'm more into boxer-engine motobikes

just finished a BMW R75 repop rig

this rig is based on a chinese socalled "Chang Jiang CJ750" sidecar-hack

the chinese produced this Bimmer "knock offs" since the 1960ies / 70ies - drawings have been forwarded from the russians and are based on the BMW R71 design

since my 5 years here i restored a couple of those rigs - also did some wehrmacht repops before but this my best one

this is what i usually start with

the changs are sold by the chinese military sometimes in batches - sometimes only single units - most of them worn 'n torn and used up - with 19inch rims - 24 hp

when i start working on them i rip 'em apart - check all components - do a mockup - see if everything fits - sandblast - new paint - throw everything together and bingo

some previous repops

i did this one for a friend of mine in France

another one which i used to ride myself

did some more inbetween but thats my final one:

all around 16 inch wheels (like the R75) - repop MG-mount - full technical markings / plaquettes - 24 hp and a fun to ride

off course a bike with plunger-frame, flathead engine and non driven sidecar will never ever 100% be a copy of a hardtailed R75 with driven sidecar

anyway - for me it is as near as someone can get and - to be honest - i would never ever be able to spend more than 25.000 Euro for a real one

greetz from china!

thomas

Buggy Man
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: So how about China? Beemer repop sidecar

Post by Buggy Man » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Thanks for posting those images! Always liked the CJs (& the old Beemer "R" bikes :wink: ).
Matt

Return to “Other MV's, Non U.S. Manufacture”