PIC HVY Bantam trailers for sale Covina CA- tailgates and combat rims

1941 - 1945, Willys MB & Ford GPW jeeps, NO EBAY, Craigslist or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Ryan509
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
PIC HVY Bantam trailers for sale Covina CA- tailgates and combat rims

Post by Ryan509 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:28 pm

found on the outskirts of LA and OC on large properties, they appear to be early civilian trailers as they both have tailgates and a set of combat wheels. one has a weird cut out where a data plate would be, the other has no sign of a plate. I got them to restore but I don't see getting to them anytime soon. the red tub is in a little better condition but the fenders look aftermarket, both floors are well used rusty and concaved between the cross members, both have a single brake light but the red trailer was modified to include a right one too, both have been welded up front for ball hitch conversion, red has a clamp style, the other extended with a clam shell hitch. I'm interested in knowing more about these, any info is appreciated. 1100 each, 2000 for both obo Thanks for looking!

gpwmke
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General
Re: PIC HVY Bantam trailers for sale Covina CA- tailgates and combat rims

Post by gpwmke » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Look like civilian Bantams with combat rims. Note the stake pockets in the tubs which were not used on military trailers.

Ryan509
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
Re: PIC HVY Bantam trailers for sale Covina CA- tailgates and combat rims

Post by Ryan509 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Leo H Jankowski wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:57 pm
Look like civilian Bantams with combat rims. Note the stake pockets in the tubs which were not used on military trailers.
Thanks Leo, I wasn't aware the m100's didn't have stake pockets, they are useful.. many subtleties!

Return to “Willys MB & Ford GPW, For Sale Section”