Matching Numbers 23 Apr 1942 Script GPW and trailer

1941 - 1945, Willys MB & Ford GPW jeeps, NO EBAY, Craigslist or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Frankie
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Matching Numbers 23 Apr 1942 Script GPW and trailer

Post by Frankie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Sorry fellow members of the G. I had some help and cleared out enough around the jeep to get some pics of it. Now I have decided to reassemble it and ride in it at least once. Maybe it was the sight of all that OD paint again. Frank

Due to health concerns, I am considering sale of my 1942 Script Ford. It has matching numbers; engine, frame, body. The jeep is unrestored with a clear Kansas title. Virtually every part is present, including original seats and covers, and complete canvas winter top with doors. To my knowledge everything is present except possibly one reflector. Currently the body is off the frame. I had the body repaired on the driver side, the fuel sump replaced, a portion of the passenger floorboard replaced, and some drilled holes in the front fenders filled as well as some holes in the tool box area both sides. The tub and fenders along with combat rims have been blasted, primed, painted. The top bows have been shortened somewhat, maybe an inch or so, don't know why. There are 4 combat rims with 4 new tires mounted. There is a NIB wiring set from Vintage Wiring, plus a lot of new rubber parts for cowl, windshied, etc, new shift boots, new brake lines, new exhaust. The engine should start and run as I did start it years ago, and as I recall, it sounded good for no muffler. The only mechanical faults noted were the transmission was a little difficult to shift as the shift lever ball was pitted. I have a replacement T84 shift lever, also a T90 (I think) with unknown condition. Radiator and fuel tank have been cleaned and tested. The windshield frame, seats, most small parts have been chemical dipped and primed or painted. New windshield glass has been installed, but incorrectly, should be simple to do correctly as the windshield frame and associated parts had no rust. The Ford pintle hitch had a flat plate welded on for use with a hitch ball and could be restored. I do not believe that there is any pitting or damage to the frame. I also have a 1943 Willys trailer with data plate. The trailer has been modified with the end cut away professionally and the original tail lights removed. The lunette is missing and the landing leg has been broken and non-professionally welded plus a hitch has been welded to the front frame. The trailer is still in original OD paint with original fenders, brake, BO sw, but will need new wiring. I believe that there are also combat rims for the trailer but need blasted and painted. The trailer tub is fairly straight but could use some straightening of the bottom. Thinking of selling all for $17,500. No pics yet, but this is GPW Nr 22192. Contact direct at <frankieks@gmail.com>
Last edited by Frankie on Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Re: Matching Numbers 23 Apr 1942 Script GPW and trailer

Post by Chuck Lutz » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:12 am

Frankie...what is the serial number on the data plate again? I think 222192 is a little high or a typo?
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

Frankie
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Frankie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:20 pm

You are absolutely correct, Chuck! I made a typo! The SN is 22192, corrected above.

Frankie
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Frankie » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Sorry, I still do not have pics. Got too much stuff piled around. It's gonna take me a while. Frank

signsup
banned

Post by signsup » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:55 pm

That serial number falls right in line with mine as 14280 is April 9,42. Wish I had room for 2 and 2 trailers. This sounds like a keeper.
Robert Brough
Winston, GA
2018 MVPA Honor Service Award
President, GA MVPA

Return to “Willys MB & Ford GPW, For Sale Section”