A Cornucopia of Catalogs

Manufacturers, configurations, Shovels, Axe, Wrenches, Oiler, F/E etc.
twertsy
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: A Cornucopia of Catalogs

Post by twertsy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:03 am

Some more catalogs uploaded last night. 1935 OTC and '52 Cornwell. I also snagged a 1919 Bonney off ebay (which I already had) but this one had a bunch of really cool catalog inserts included. They are all scanned and posted.

twertsy
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by twertsy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:05 am

1944 Champion DeArment "New Additions To Our Line" flyer with price list uploaded. I also uploaded a '47 P&C catalog today.

http://toolarchives.com/node/4125

Wingnutt
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Wingnutt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Thanks for your tireless dedication to the hobby, Todd.

The flyer is interesting to me for a few reasons.

One, for how the trademarked brand name Channellock was already top, front, and center in their minds, eclipsing the company name at the center bottom, not long after it was patented. And speaking of that, the figure of the pump pliers, which takes up the entire page, features the 1,950,362 patent marking we all know and look for and love so dearly to find (as opposed to the danged Canada 1953 patent!) in a huge inset.

Two, for the two items that were discontinued - heavy duty and thin-nosed versions of their standard slip-joint combination pliers, no doubt due to L-216 and because of their functional redundancy (and subsequent steel savings).

Three, the prominent claim of ALLOY STEEL in the ad copy.

Four, for the specs. At 3/16 to 1-5/8 capacity, the pump pliers exceed the 1-1/2 inch GMTK spec.

Five, to verify that they were indeed making G503/GMTK spec-correct ball-peen hammers, sized, in the old style, as 5-0 (4 ozs.), 0 (1 lb) and 4 (2 lbs). They are marked very clearly with the word CHAMPION right across the cheek, perpendicular to the handle, left to right, from flat face to peen. I'd love to find one some day. No size visible, although I suspect that is on the flip side, and given the way they are listed, I would also suspect marked in the old style (5-0, 0, or 4).
TEMPORARY DUTY

Return to “G503 Tools & Equipment ( Vehicle & Pioneer)”