Screw dimensions for rear panel

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW Technical questions and discussions, regarding anything related to the WWII jeep.
Gerwald Jaritz
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Screw dimensions for rear panel

Post by Gerwald Jaritz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:05 am

Dear friends,
I need once more your help.

I had due to rust troubles to remove my rear panel of my 42 MB. The four bolts used to screw the panel at the lower end to the rear crossmember are also gone. So I've to buy new ones.But unfortunately in Europe the US bolt sizes are not common. So I need the correct dimmensions to buy it at special dealers in the net.
Thkks for reply to my cry for help
Gerwald

Ralph
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: Screw dimensions for rear panel

Post by Ralph » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Gerwald,
The (4) bolts you need are 5/16NC x 1&5/8inch, each with a flat washer,lock washer,and a pal nut.The parts book lists only 2 but that is a mistake I'd think.The bolt head is 1/2 inch wrench and is installed with that bolt head at the top if I recall.
Ralph

Gerwald Jaritz
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: Screw dimensions for rear panel

Post by Gerwald Jaritz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:48 pm

Gerwald Jaritz wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:05 am
Dear friends,
I need once more your help.

I had due to rust troubles to remove my rear panel of my 42 MB. The four bolts used to screw the panel at the lower end to the rear crossmember are also gone. So I've to buy new ones.But unfortunately in Europe the US bolt sizes are not common. So I need the correct dimmensions to buy it at special dealers in the net.
Thkks for reply to my cry for help
Gerwald
Thanks,
Will help me a lot

Return to “MB GPW Technical Knowledge Base”