WWII German Gas Cans on a certain online site

Manufacturers, production numbers, configurations, etc.
johnseidts
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

WWII German Gas Cans on a certain online site

Post by johnseidts » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:48 am

Any recommendations/endorsements/precautionary tales about some of the Eastern European sellers of WWII German gas cans on the bay? By bay, I mean the e-type. I'm looking for one for my collection and have had no luck here in the US.
John K. Seidts RN:
Wanted to Buy any aircraft parts or aviation items
Wanted- WWII US Medical and Engineer Items

majmacs
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Re: WWII German Gas Cans on a certain online site

Post by majmacs » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:22 pm

johnseidts wrote:Any recommendations/endorsements/precautionary tales about some of the Eastern European sellers of WWII German gas cans on the bay? By bay, I mean the e-type. I'm looking for one for my collection and have had no luck here in the US.
Make sure you ask for detailed pics of the bottom and ask repeatedly if there are holes. I've bought one from Poland and one from Bulgaria. Both pretty reasonable in price, but they don't seem to think it is a big deal if they are liquid tight or not....which is annoying when they state they are in excellent condition. Some sellers see them/consider them as curiosities/militaria rather than as a functional fuel Kanister.
Patrick

Hammerhead
G-Major
G-Major

Post by Hammerhead » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:55 pm

I've received cans from Germany, Poland and Czech Republic all with no problems.
1943 White M-3 Halftrack, 1944 CCKW 353, 1945 MB, 1944 Bantam T3,
1945 Ben-Hur 1-ton trailer, MVPA 12610, NRA Life Member

bombtech
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by bombtech » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:51 pm

I recently purchased Two cans from a dealer in Czech Repub off ebarf. His descriptions were fair, pictures of decent quality and his turn around time from sale completion to arrival at my location, much faster than expected. I agree with the other posts that holding liquid is not a concern for most European dealers of these historic cans. Spend the time to review the photos carefully, buy from a well documented dealer, and remember these are 75 year old artifacts of war, manage your expectations and all will be good. I was very pleased with my transaction process and the cans I received, I hope you will be too. Dont forget to post pictures of your new acquisition, I need to as well.
Cheers, :mrgreen:
Rick
WAC B&G MVT
1987 HMMWV w/ M101A3
1989 Perentie for sale
1966 M274A2 Mechanical Mule
1990 FAV Saker for sale

Return to “Gerry Cans or Jerry Cans”