FS: INCREDIBLE WW2 691st TD attributed Nazi Battle Flag SOLD

Living History / Reenacting uniforms, field gear, and equiptment, Wanted, For Sale (NO EBAY ITEMS) or Trade.
AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

FS: INCREDIBLE WW2 691st TD attributed Nazi Battle Flag SOLD

Post by AZ Jeff » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:13 pm

I've had my share of very nice WW2 Reichs Kriegs Flagge ("battle flags") over the years but this one has the bonus of being "minty" and attributed to a WW2 ETO Tank Destroyer unit...

This is a 150cm x 250cm (~ 4.5' x 8'), cotton/wool bunting, printed example with an "Eagle-M" (Kriegsmarine) acceptance stamp and maker mark to Curt Braeutigam in Plauen, Vogtland. Condition is 99% and I'm going to guess it was liberated, unissued from a Plauen warehouse around late April, 1945. What makes this stunning flag even better is that it has been marked to commemorate 1st Platoon, C Company, 691st Tank Destroyer Battalion (a non-divisional, M-36 TD unit in Patton's 3rd Army). All of the white areas of the flag have been inscribed...

Within the swastika arm voids we have the names/ranks/home state of each M-36 crew... Around the circle the NCOs and officers... along the stripes the countries/locations/campaigns... the divisions supported (8+)... the names of each platoon member killed. This is simply the best combat unit souvenir flag I've encountered -- in both condition and content.

$500, shipped (in the US). Please PM direct if you are interested. Thanks for looking!

*** SOLD

Jeff Q.
AZ

Return to “Living History / Reenacting Wanted, For Sale”