WTB French Partisan/WW2 Civilian clothes

Living History / Reenacting uniforms, field gear, and equiptment, Wanted, For Sale (NO EBAY ITEMS) or Trade.
pvtcook
G-Captain
G-Captain

WTB French Partisan/WW2 Civilian clothes

Post by pvtcook » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm looking for a outfit to portray a 40's civilian. 36/30 pant large/xl shirt. If anyone knows of a source for this type clothing. Please let me know.
45 Willys MB, MBT, Harley WLA

airborne-53
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Re: WTB French Partisan/WW2 Civilian clothes

Post by airborne-53 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:27 pm

hello
like this ?

olivier

pvtcook
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by pvtcook » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:34 am

I don't need a coat. Just pants shirt shoes hat.

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:34 pm

That description does kinda leave the door wide open...

Was your "Partisan" a farmer, blacksmith, Doctor, truck driver, fisherman, butcher....many professions I believe were involved with the French underground, aka "the partisans" so I'm not too sure you need to look too far beyond any photograph of the 1940-1944 era in any part of France as any of these people could have been a partisan.

One of those collarless white shirts that you'd attach a collar to for Sunday go-to-church services could be made by just cutting off the collar from one of your old shirts. Add a vest to that and some woolen trousers from a thrift store might work for some "professions". Old boots or old-school brown shoes would complete that outfit.

Some Ben Davis pants with an old stretched out turtleneck sweater and some calf high boots for the fisherman look.

I think you have plenty of choices to make and starting at Goodwill or the Salvation Army to see what you can find in the way of pants and a jacket and footwear would point you in one or two directions easily enough.

...oh yeah, don't forget the beret.
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

pvtcook
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by pvtcook » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Yeah Chuck you are right. I went to Goodwill yesterday. Bought a vest I think will work. I'm just wanting to portray someone you would see in the streets of Paris in the 40's. not really a working class farmer/welder. Kind of a city guy. I'm attending this event in Linden Tn in Sept. it is the neatest thing. They completely convert the town into a French village. Everyone where's vintage clothes. It's like stepping back in time. Last yr it was really hot so I'm not wanting to wear a sweater. I encourage anyone in the area to come. They had a B17 there and a awesome reeanaxtment. Complete w German Armour. The Boyer Sis were there. They do a USO show Sat night. They had a complete brass band.

Return to “Living History / Reenacting Wanted, For Sale”