Why is the BATFE stuck in the last century?

Demilitarized vehicle weapons and static display accessories
Radtech
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: Why is the BATFE stuck in the last century?

Post by Radtech » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:43 pm

There hasn't been a $20 handgun sense the 1960's.I guess some people just can't get out of the 1960's.No matter today there are 300 million privately owned firearms that the government has record of and millions more which were imported before importers were required to maintain and report to the government.More firearms than the entire US government has.

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:25 pm

lt.luke wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:04 am
It seems pretty comical that Chuck hangs out here on this forum, him being so anti and from Kalifornia etc. When I find something that bothers me as much as guns bother ol' Chuck, I shy away from it. I keep scrollin'!
Don't let that fool you!

Chuck has more guns and high capacity magazines than some. I think it's one of those typical do as I say not as I do kind of things.
Bill H.

"Each shall seek his own kind, in other words, a bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?" Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

2 Timothy 3:1-5

Falldownjaeger
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by Falldownjaeger » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:13 am

Are you kidding? What does the govt do efficiently? Besides spend and waste taxpayer money by the Trillions?

The 0bama-Care website, cost $2.1BILLION dollars! BILLION! And people were locked out, unable to complete registrations and costs were not listed.

Look at the electronic submission platform BATFE had for dealers, cost millions, and it constantly jammed, was down, was unavailable during peak use.

It took a private business, The Silencer Shop, to build something on their own at their own expense that absolutely beats the dog snot out of the previous BATFE submission platform. Now some dealer transfers are coming back in HOURS not days, weeks, or months.

As far as "we don't want BATFE to have easy access to records", your fingerprints are already in the AFIS system, able to be quickly called up for comparision to submissions from state, local and fed LE agencies, along with your federal record. Your name, age, height, weight, and address in your DMV; Tax records to your first use of SSN at a job at the IRS; and home value and property tax info at your county assessor's office.

There has been talk of an unofficial system that keeps tracks of your 4473 NICS checks, with at least a min number of handguns, long guns and receivers bought thru FFLs.

The BATFE could easily make the whole Form 4 process a point of sale transaction with a temp tax stamp issued at time of sale then the actual stamped form mailed later. What does the BATFE background check do that NICS doesn't besides check to see if you are coming up for an indictment in a local, state or federal court? It takes months instead of minutes. But that would make it easier to exercise your Constitutional Right to possess the very weapons in common use by the Militia that were originally protected by the 2nd Amendment (U.S. vs Miller 1939). US v Miller held that weapons in common use by Militia were protected while the sawed off shotguns being transported by Miller were not.

A right delayed is a right denied.

As far as I am concerned the BATFE are good at tracing guns used in crimes, that's it. And ruining the lives of law abiding citizens when used for political reasons, a weaponized taxpayer-serving agency. Every time they've come to town, they've used their weight to push citizens around, & try to muscle in over the state and local law enforcement agencies. Remember the multi-tools they gave out to employees/agents with "Always Think Forfeiture" engraved on them?
1995 M1025A2 Orig 5SFG GMV ODA525 "Hammerhead"
1995 M1025A2 Orig 1st SFC GMV 5 Commanders In Extremis Force GMV
1984 Chenowth Interim Fast Attack Vehicle 061 'Horny Toad"

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:43 am

In many places it is easier to get a gun than a driver's license to drive. You actually have to take a written test and take a driving proficiency test with a DMV examiner.

As far as I know, not many crazy bastards or disgruntled teenagers use their cars to kill fellow students or churchgoers or fellow employees at work....the weapon of choice is usually an AK/M16 clone and a 9mm...now we have the "bumpstock generation" of killers to contend with. Deer must be REALLY scared in hunting season.

All the "open carry" and reciprocal concealed weapon allowance will do is insure that like the old saw "never bring a knife to a gunfight" goes, since the bad guys can now open carry and your local PD won't have any reason to stop them to find out if the weapon is stolen or anything....every Tom Dick and Harry and their wives, girlfriends, mamas and kids will hafta pack heat in Church, at school and on the playground just to "keep up" with the "arms race" that creates. NRA/Weapons mfgers are grinning at the resultant purchases when that happens, which was the whole point in the first place. Hubby ain't gonna let Mamma or Junior pack HIS, weapons, Mamma and JR. will have to go buy their OWN, which is the point here...to drive up SALES figures.

"Honey, have you seen the keys to the mini-van and my snub-nosed .38? I'm going to get my nails done, then pick up the kids and go to the pizza joint after we see "Frozen" at the Multiplex."

Just how comfortable will you feel in the parking lot at Wal-Mart at night when you see a half-dozen shady looking characters each with a 9mm in their waistband approaching you in the rows of cars parked out there? Whaddaya do, just pull your piece and shoot them because you felt "threatened" even though they had the same right to pack heat in the open as you do?

I'm sure the next NRA move is to allow passengers on aircraft to pack heat so they can "save" people....like that would be a good idea?

Wow...don't you all feel safer now?

The Earps had it right and the Clanton's didn't.
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:51 am

Typical nonsensical response. Same rhetoric the leftist have been spewing for decades.

The fact of the matter is an armed society is a polite society.

Armed airline passengers? I’m sure three airliners in the not so distant past would not have gone awry if there had been one or two armed passengers on board.
Bill H.

"Each shall seek his own kind, in other words, a bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?" Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

2 Timothy 3:1-5

Steve Webb
G-General
G-General

Post by Steve Webb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:36 pm

So poor people in housing projects who need something like a Hi Point are not allowed per Chuck and of course he ignores the Federal requirements that cover every firearms sale regardless of it being private or dealer. And you have been invited to the SJC and anyone can contact Ernie if they want. But then again who has the private trailer data base?
Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross Psalm 55; 9-11

wreckless
Gee Addict

Post by wreckless » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:12 am

Driving is a privilege, Chuck. It isn't a right so that is a false analogy. A better analogy would be the old Poll Tax. Remember those? Oh yeah, they were ruled unconstitutional. However, we Americans have to pay substantial sums and wait months on end to exercise our rights. Somehow, that is just OK.
Rob
Jersey Wrecking Crew
1943 Ford GPW G503

“In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a Congress.“ John Adams

Return to “Weapons”