FS: WW2 US GI Rifle Rack Project $250

Demilitarized vehicle weapons and static display accessories
AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

FS: WW2 US GI Rifle Rack Project $250

Post by AZ Jeff » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:44 pm

Here's a nice WW2 Rifle (Garand/Springfield) Rack Project for your consideration...

This was one of several that were originally used on Fort Huachuca, AZ during WW2 (home of the colored 25th Infantry Regiment and training site for the 92nd and 93rd Infantry Divisions). The racks had been stored outside for 40+ years following their surplus acquisition so most had rotted wood. A friend carefully restored one using wood parts from several racks and I measured those pieces to facilitate an eventual restoration of my half dozen... Here I am, 20 years later with one left and too many other projects to consider. The metal frame and base corners were sand-blasted and primed so only the woodworking is left. The locking bars (angle iron) are modern made and EXC. Here are the specs/drawings and a few of the images I'm including:

I'm also including a bunch of the original WW2 hardware -- parkerized carriage bolts, square nuts, wood screws etc. If you're handy with woodworking I think this will be a relatively easy and very satisfying project. You can put twenty (20) rifles in this rack...

Price is $250. I can deliver to the December 2016 SAR show in Phoenix (Friday afternoon), or 2017 Falcon Field Show (Mesa, AZ) if pre-paid. Shipping without chopping it up is not really an option unfortunately. Please PM direct if you are interested. Thanks for looking!

Jeff Q.
AZ

AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: FS: WW2 US GI Rifle Rack Project $250

Post by AZ Jeff » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:45 am

BTT... Still time to arrange for the SAR pickup (Friday 12/02/16)...

Jeff Q.
AZ

carmen
Sidekick

Post by carmen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:42 am

Would you consider post a complete set of the drawings?

carmen

AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by AZ Jeff » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:12 am

At some point I'd consider scanning the drawings and photos I have. They are just the wood components however.

Jeff Q.
AZ

AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by AZ Jeff » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:45 am

Free delivery to the upcoming AZ MVCC show in Phoenix (Jan 27-28, 2018) if pre-paid.

Jeff Q.
AZ

Return to “Weapons”