WWII M10 1944 Schelm Brothers Ammo Trailer For Sale SOLD

Half-ton trailer series and larger, Wanted, For Sale(NO EBAY ITEMS), and Knowledge Base
mkoloc
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

WWII M10 1944 Schelm Brothers Ammo Trailer For Sale SOLD

Post by mkoloc » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:48 pm

I have finally been able to gather almost all of my vehicles, trailers, etc. into one spot after some time and now have a few WWII M-10 Ammunition Trailers that I will be offering for sale. These trailers were salvaged in most instances before they were to be scraped or destroyed as were many parts from other trailers that were already in process or had met that fate. As a result of that effort, there was an opportunity to find complete and original wire harnesses, belly pans, rails, tailgates, pintle’s, and damaged power boxes in various states and conditions etc. Many of these items were shared with military museums that needed them for their displays to include the USMC Museum at Camp Pendleton, CA. (SORRY, I DO NOT HAVE ANY EXTRA PARTS AT THIS TIME!!)
The wire harnesses were of particular use as a pattern to include wire color and layout to replicate new harnesses as we found that the harness offered by a certain "vintage" retailer for this trailer was not correct.

This “1944 Schelm Brothers Ammunition Trailer“ is most complete and includes the fuse box, belly pan, a new “built to original specs” 3 piece wire harness with original connectors and ends, original taillights, functional original landing leg with original cast wheel, original inter-vehicular power cable, power box with blackout switch and rear tow pintle. There is a very aged fiber board and metal ammo plate on the front of the tub instead of the usual lead/metal plate. It was on the trailer when I recovered it. This trailer is rust free, no dents and has an excellent tailgate. It comes with a decent coat of OD paint and the NDCC tires have a fair amount of tread left. The brake handles and brake components are free moving and the brakes are present but will need to be rebuilt. Asking $2000.00 for this solid, original beauty. Of course price is ALWAYS negotiable .

I will have much better and more detailed pics available in the next couple of days as I am reorganizing my shop as I just moved in and will pull the trailer out and get all around shots

If your interested, just request more pics via my email: mkoloc44@yahoo.com

Thank you for your kind consideration.
Mark
Cell: 1.715.821.9426

SOLD
Last edited by mkoloc on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTC Mark Koloc USA (RET)
MVPA Member # 31144
1631 Bitter Creek Lane
Batavia, OH 45103
mkoloc44@yahoo.com

mkoloc
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Re: WWII M10 1944 Schelm Brothers Ammunition Trailer For Sal

Post by mkoloc » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Some more pics, Realized after I dragged her out of storage that the pintle and tailgate chains had not been reinstalled, will take care of that this weekend ... that will make her complete and original

LTC Mark Koloc USA (RET)
MVPA Member # 31144
1631 Bitter Creek Lane
Batavia, OH 45103
mkoloc44@yahoo.com

CplDixon
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by CplDixon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:27 am

Put original rims and she will be good to go ;)

mkoloc
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by mkoloc » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:45 am

Interesting Comment :) .. I had the opportunity to research info about my Half-tracks WWII history and also looked into these M10 trailers from WWII and Korea (Hours of WWII Film Footage and Still Photography Research while attending the Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, PA, also while doing work on the Documentary "Keep Them Rolling" 2009/10) and found them mounted on film and in pics with different types of rims and during my recovery efforts I certainly found that to be the fact both here in the US and in my visits to museums and military sites while stationed in Europe. Again can't say with any certainty that every trailer built had combat rims when it rolled out of the factory.

I do have extra set of Combat Rims, and considered putting a set on this trailer but that would have pushed the price up, and these were the rims that were on the trailer when I recovered it .. the next one I will offer for sale does have combat wheels and it will be priced accordingly.

This trailer IS SOLD as of yesterday pending payment

//Vr//
Mark
LTC Mark Koloc USA (RET)
MVPA Member # 31144
1631 Bitter Creek Lane
Batavia, OH 45103
mkoloc44@yahoo.com

Return to “Trailers 1/2 ton +”