37 mm pricing ?

Towed Artillery, Wanted, For Sale,(NO EBAY ITEMS) and Knowledge Base
eddy ray
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
37 mm pricing ?

Post by eddy ray » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:51 am

What is a 37mm gun worth now ? I just lowered the price again on my 37mm that I have listed here. So far since listing it almost 2 months ago I have and very little response. When I bought it years ago I told my wife it was a good investment and we should have no problem if we had to sell it. Is there any other Military sights out there I could list it on ?
Thanks for any insights Ed

Bryan
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: 37 mm pricing ?

Post by Bryan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:16 am

What is the breech status? is it a shooter or will always fire propane? if it can shoot a 37mm projo and you had the sight bracket your right on target, put it on the bowers board, if it will always fire propane (fake Breech, Bad barrel) 10-12K plus the extras maybe 15k if you find the right person, it looks like a nice early M3 any jeep owner would be proud to tow behind, good luck on the sale, there are not a lot of original pieces left,
41 GP 14935
42 MB II6359 Slatgrill
51 CJ3A
43 Kubelwagen
53 M-170
Trailers, Bantam T-3,Converto,M-100
M-416, Ben Hur (Checker)USN MKII

eddy ray
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by eddy ray » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:47 am

Thanks for the response. What is the bowers board do you have a link for that ? The breech is not original made of steel the barrel I was told is a shooter barrel.
Thanks Ed

Cal.Bar
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by Cal.Bar » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:58 am

eddy ray wrote:Thanks for the response. What is the bowers board do you have a link for that ? The breech is not original made of steel the barrel I was told is a shooter barrel.
Thanks Ed
That still begs the question. Have you SHOT it? Is it a shooter or something to drag behind a jeep and build a town square around?

napavalleyartillery
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by napavalleyartillery » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:33 pm

Well a completely restored, registered and shooting m-3 or m-3a1, with some cases, would be in the neighborhood of 25k. Tho some, including me, might argue it should be somewhat more.
The bad news is yours has a nonshootable ring, (6-7k), no sight mount, (unobtainium as an original, sometimes available as a repop at whatever someone is asking, since it consists of a significant amount of casting and machining, so 1.5-2k maybe, possibly a good deal more for a one-off unit), no arm guard, (inexpensive if found, makable if not), and, since it is not shooting, no one knows the condition of the recoil system. Or the barrel, (7-9k). If the barrel has been cut in two and rewelded, or has suffered a torched hole, repaired or not, it is not shootable. (I hate to think of the cost of repairing a seriously damaged recoil system; I've never seen or heard of a loose recoil system).
The good news is that, even tho you probably would not sell yours for the price the above might indicate, there is apparently a market for your unit as a non-shooting item. Many are not interested in the Federal, and sometimes State, paperwork involved in a registered gun. But the price is probably going to be in the neighborhood Bryan has indicated, unless you can demonstrate that the recoil system and/or barrel are shootable.
Sorry to be the bearer of somewhat bad news, but the cost of individual pieces for our military vehicles, etc., has risen a great deal in the last few years.

susmiester

Post by susmiester » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:08 am

Thou 17 isn't to crazy of a number I had a reproduction one that was pretty accurate for with size barrel extra and I had it on here for a few months finally put it on a action e site and sold it at no reserve for 1800. I had a chance to buy a real one from a museum out side Chicago he had 3 at the time for right around 10k unrestored so 17 may stay for along time now sorry for the bad news. You just have to find a person who really wants or needs the one that you have. good luck nice cannon
1947 cj2a mock military
.50cal,.30cal.,m1both all operational
thompson,ww2 bazooka dummies
90mm,37mm m17 from ww2 shipwrecks
m-37 wc1962 dodge powerwagon, m37 anti-tank replica
m998 hummer, demilled tow missle launcher

jonsm114
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by jonsm114 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:53 pm

clean barrel with good chamber will bring 10K.
M3 37mm Cannon Parts and Resin Weapon Replicas. We also manufacture reproduction Stuart parts.
Fuel tanks, Rear Exhaust and Air Deflectors, and other components.
314-703-9710

37mm Gunner
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by 37mm Gunner » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:16 pm

That's a good question. Basically it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it and it depends on what they want it for. I have a few questions... Was your gas gun breech ring designed by Steve Smith? Are the wheels true WWII solid dish wheels or are they W.O.F. or CJ2A (with small slots)? Is the rifling on the barrel crisp or has if been "shot out"? Are you certain the barrel has not been demilled (small torch cut somewhere on it) ? Did you buy it from a guy in Missouri? One drawback is that you're missing the sighting mech. I would recommend placing an ad in the MVPA magazine or Military Vehicle magazine...
Ken C.

1942 Willys MB
37mm Anti-Tank Gun, demilled :(

Central Jersey Military Motor Pool
Military Vehicle Preservation Association

finhead
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by finhead » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:56 am

looking for shootable barrel

Return to “Artillery”