OMG not again. Another hidious GMC thing!

Military Trucks 1/2 ton thru 2 ton, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
D.R.H.
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: OMG not again. Another hidious GMC thing!

Post by D.R.H. » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:35 pm

I have seen both photos before and think, :lol: regarding the silver truck and :cry: for the black ops. truck. What a waste of a Jimmy pulpit cab!
In Loving Memoriam: George R. Hancock. 20 Mar. 1938 - 11 Jan. 2017. U.S.A.F. 1956 - 1962. R.I.P. Dad.
In Loving Memoriam: Ann Hancock, 08 Mar. 1934 - 25 Sept. 2021. R.N. 1960 - 2005. R.I.P. Mom.
Thank You BOTH for always being there.

My YouTube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaMKEv ... M3g/videos.

gentrysgarage
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by gentrysgarage » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:21 am

I tried not to comment, but can't...
In the first truck I get the impression that an old man got taken to the cleaners by a shop who slapped a cab on a duramax frame, made it shiny, and cobbed together a bed with semi fenders and charged the old man a wheelbarrow full of cash.
The pulpit truck is someone wanting some ratrod street "creed" and was poorly executed and dangerous...look at how long that bendable drag link is.
Both trucks miss the mark as the first looks like a quick down and shiny civi truck "militarized and the second is well......
That being said both trucks could be returned and were saved from China for the time being. I hope they don't sell as more shops will jump on the band wagon and churn out more of these misguided vehicles.
I am also readying my flame suit as my truck might be similarly critiqued ..don't worry I have thick skin! LOL!!
Proud caretaker of U.S.A. truck 3219442-S 1943 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine 1 1/2 4x4

johnwaz
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by johnwaz » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:37 am

For starters, the wheels/tires are too short on both trucks. We can all only hope that the the rest of the donor trucks that these cabs came off of were too far gone, or too bubbafied to save. just my $0.02.

560sec
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by 560sec » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:35 pm

How do you know they want 40 thou for it lots of bad things on this truck if they made it to look and had the same dimensions as a wc-12 dodge it would not be bad but the bed with duall axle trailer fenders look terrible and it looks bent wheels and tires suck way to small bumpers are so so if your are going to build a custom dimensions are everything they missed the mark like most people do.chevy could of made a truck like a WC don't know why they did not.

Return to “Trucks 1/2 ton thru 2 ton”