WTK: worth of M29 weasel

Tracked, Halftrack, etc... Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base

Moderator: Kevin Lockwood

WTK: worth of M29 weasel

Post by guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:45 am

Hello,
I am thinking of selling my M29 weasel and i have a guy that is interested but im not sure what to say for a price. The vehicle was completly sandblasted and the rusted areas fixed. It is now running and driving, but needs a lot more to be 100%. One track has been fixed with belting, the other is half done. There are two extra tracks also, but both need work. I have all parts to complete it, including many extras. This was not a musuem type restoration. It was done more as a motorpool, usable vehicle, but still 100 authentic looking. Does anyone have a ballpark figure of what to ask. I know this is terribly hard to do without more info, and actually viewing it, but i just need an idea where to start with a price. Thanks a lot for any help. Dan

John
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by John » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:50 am

Dan-The tracks alone are worth at least $1000. A well restored weasel can go for $10,000. Perhaps you should ask $5000 and split the difference. I have one good weasel and one parts weasel and I wouldn't sell my parts weasel for $1000 as it has two tracks and a good rearend. I don't know if that helps you much, but you can always email me if you want pictures to compare.

John Dallimore
Ontario, Canada

Post by guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:07 pm

That helps a lot. Thats about the area i was thinking 5-6 grand. Thanks!!dan

John
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by John » Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:58 pm

Dan-Glad to be of some help. If it doesn't sell, do you happen to have a spare stretcher pocket(on the engine hood) amongst your spare parts that you would like to sell? I'm to the point on my weasel where I'm looking for all the small parts now and mine is missing the pocket.

Good luck with your sale,

John
fssf@yahoo.com
M-29C serial #4275

jds15151
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Weasel Price

Post by jds15151 » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:55 pm

FYI, the Weasel on E-Bay last week had a reserve price of just over $1500 and it wasn't sold. It wasn't restored but had both repaired tracks. It was located up in Vermont I believe, which may be one reason it wasn't sold. Location, location, location!

Return to “Tracked”