Dukw lubrication

Amphibious Wheeled Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
fahtal
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant
Dukw lubrication

Post by fahtal » Wed May 03, 2017 6:48 am

Hi there,

I don`t do the maintenance my self. But i listen to my mechanic allot and the problem with our dukw is the wear of the wheel bearing. the standard grease will get soapy with the mixture of water. the last few years we used marine grease. that works better. But this year we are going to try this grease http://www.eurolspecialty.com/en/eurol- ... 502-s.html it also gets used in the dakar rally.

the guy showing it to us did a few test.

first put it on a paper allong side a standard grease. you could see the oil getteing sucked out of the standard in teh paper . the eurol didn`t.

second try to push it between your fingers. you can`t push it away. he says is can with hold 500 kilo pressure...

third mix it up with sand and water on a metal plate. the standard will make a scratching sound and and wash out. the eurol didn`t. So we are now lubricating the dukw with the eurol. Will let you know what hour findings are... but that will take a year or so...

What do you guys use? and do you have the wheel barrings issue?

Return to “Amphibian, DUKW, GPA and other wheeled amphibian”