FS: Kool tracked MIL VEH - BV206 USMC SUSV

Amphibious Wheeled Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
DDTrustee
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

FS: Kool tracked MIL VEH - BV206 USMC SUSV

Post by DDTrustee » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:48 am

:shock: No is doesn't run! YET!!! Bought this and a lot of spare parts to get it completed and operational. It is REAL USMC (data plate on the cabin wall behind the driver's seat) G973 SUSV ) Small Unit Support Vehicle. Being sold because I have too many projects and lot enough life-span left to get them all done...and NM doesn't have guaranteed snow every year! :mrgreen: This one has some repairs needed to run.....the list....it needs an engine although I have all the engine parts it needs a complete rebuild and there is a guy in LA selling long blocks for $6k or you can do the quick fix which is install a running 1982-84 Mercedes 300SD or SDL turbo diesel engine from a car. It needs some bogie wheels and idlers and needs some track repair. Three tracks appear useable but in fair condition and comes with two broken tracks that can be repaired like the weasel ones. There is a missing fuse panel that I have NOS coming from great Britain with a lot of other parts and spares that can be used as trade or for sale. COMES WITH A COMPLETE SET OF MANUALS. Glass has been removed but standard autoglass will work and weatherstrip to hold it in is readily available. Lots of parts are in the USA - will provide parts sources with purchase. I can provide pictures of the parts...they will arrive in the States from Great Britain. They will be sold WITH THE BC206 PROJECT. They should arrive in a container in late January. All motor parts and items removed are included in initial sale - will not last long!!!!!.
The BV 206 is prices at $7,000, delivered within 400 miles at no charge. After that, diesel fuel and driver cost is $150/day both ways. The parts will be held for the buyer with a $1000 transportation deposit (that I am paying to get them from the UK to the US and my location. Balance of the parts cost is $1800 due on delivery of the parts in the USA...transportation to your location at your cost.
Check the web - running examples are $60,000 and up.......
The vehicle consists of two track-driven cars that are coupled together by a central, articulated steering assembly. Steering is accomplished using hydraulic cylinders that turn the cars relative to each other. The front and rear units are connected by a unique hydraulic steering linkage, which gives great flexibility in all axles and extremely good maneuverability. This device provides the steering control between the two cars at the same time as it allows necessary freedom for the two cars to individually follow uneven terrain. The vehicle is powered by commercially available turbo charged diesel engine. Automatic transmission, also commercially available, ensures smooth gear changes, and requires a minimum of driver training.
With all four tracks driven at all times, the M973's large track area allows the vehicle to travel over deep snow and soft ground which would be impassable to almost all other tracked and wheeled vehicles. It is also amphibious, being propelled in the water by its four tracks. The M973 can negotiate such obstacles like soft snow, drifting sand and marshlands and can climb considerable gradients, swim without preparation and work in arctic cold or in tropical heat.
The vehicle's four tracks which provide it its maneuverability also enable the vehicle to exert a ground pressure reportedly equivalent to less than half a man's foot, much less than the minimum pressure necessary to set-off most anti-tank mines.
CALL DAN to chat or buy or for further info fvy-oh-5 tew-6-9 2-oh-fyv-6
Bandvagn 206 (Bv 206) is a tracked articulated, all-terrain carrier developed by Hagglund (now part of BAE Systems Global Combat Systems) for the Swedish Army. It consists of two units, with all four tracks powered. It can carry up to 17 people (6 in the front compartment, 11 in the rear), and the trailer unit can be adapted for different applications
• Engine: Mercedes 6 cy 603.960 M16 TCI HD 3.2 liter 85 hp
• Engine Type 6 cyl turbo diesel
• Displacement 3.2 liter
• Rated Power kW/PS @ Speed 1/min 86
• Gearbox: MB W 4A-018 automatic transmission
• Weight: 9,900 lb
• Cargo load: 2240 kg (630 kg in front unit and 1610 kg in trailer unit)
• Length: 23 ft
• Width: 6.1 ft
• Height: 7.9 ft
The Bv 206 is referred to as a Small Unit Support Vehicle (SUSV) in United States service. U.S. military variants include the ambulance variant, the flat-bed cargo carrier, tactical operations center variant, and the standard model. U.S. military models are fitted with a 6-cylinder Mercedes diesel engine
reenacting and WWII history

Ulrich
G-Civilian
Re: FS: Kool tracked MIL VEH - BV206 USMC SUSV

Post by Ulrich » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Just spotted the Hawk Loader aside your Hägglund BV206. I'm looking for spare parts (tracks, end connectors, wheels) for mine. Would you sell yours?

Ulrich

Return to “Amphibian, DUKW, GPA and other wheeled amphibian”