K-38 Trailer RIMS NEED

Quarter-ton trailer series, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES., and Knowledge Base
dowsport1
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

K-38 Trailer RIMS NEED

Post by dowsport1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Anyone have 2 Rims for a K-38 trailer, early or late? Thanks

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Re: K-38 Trailer RIMS NEED

Post by W. Winget » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:25 pm

I have had a K-38 for years, a second set of rims I bought were also rotted, I have yet to contact Miller Tire to see if they can make/sell a set of implement or tractor wheels in 18x4, as I have not measured the hole spread to e-mail them. This may be a great option, especially if you want to tow it on the road with new rims.
Just a thought, they do sell a 18x4" implement tire, so it may be something they would be willing to make, their 18x5.5 wheel without center is $73, but my centers are rotted as well, and 5.5" is wider than originals (I think 4" for original).
http://www.millertire.com/

Another possibility, use 18x4 emergency spares out of new cars....might have to weld in a center plate and redrill/camfer the holes for the 4 hole hub, but then it's a new steel rim. Here's one on e-pay, but a local junkyard or pick and pull may be cheaper and with a little research provide a 4 hole 18" car that has space saver spares.
https://www.ebay.com/i/252417922793?chn=ps
V/R W Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

dowsport1
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Re: K-38 Trailer RIMS NEED

Post by dowsport1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:42 am

Thanks for the reply. Bought a K-38 years ago with rims rusted from sitting in the weather with flat tires. Bought an outer 18" x 4" rim only from Miller Tires which was good. The problem was after removing the outer rim and welding the new rim to the inside of the solid K38 rim. After getting it welded it was whopsided and bounced down the road. LOL!!!!! Oh well, make sure someone welding it together can get it right!!

Return to “Trailers 1/4 ton”