Picture up dates

1959 - 1962, Mighty Mite, M422, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE, and Knowledge Base
lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant
Picture up dates

Post by lj nettles » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:35 am

I have added more pictures to my imageevent.com/leonardnettles M422 site. I also had a chance to add descriptions to the photos.

Leonard

lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant
Re: Picture up dates

Post by lj nettles » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:08 pm

More progress pictures added.
lj nettles wrote:I have added more pictures to my imageevent.com/leonardnettles M422 site. I also had a chance to add descriptions to the photos.

Leonard

acmack
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by acmack » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Leonard, thanks for posting all of these photos. They will help in my reassembly of my M422! I wish I had taken half of the photos you did.

Here's a direct link to his Mite photo album:

http://imageevent.com/leonardnettles/m4 ... .penguin_s

David
Any other spacecraft or missile owners out there?
60' M422 538
65' Apollo BP CM A-36
60' Gemini BP CM MSC312

lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by lj nettles » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:02 pm

I am glad they will help you. I am new to the Mighty Mite and I doing my best to keep the pictures as accurate as possible. If you see a picture that has some non original parts please leave a comment. My goal is to provide accurate information.
acmack wrote:Leonard, thanks for posting all of these photos. They will help in my reassembly of my M422! I wish I had taken half of the photos you did.

Here's a direct link to his Mite photo album:

http://imageevent.com/leonardnettles/m4 ... .penguin_s

David

lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by lj nettles » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Working on the CV joints so I added more picture. I also added info on the reflector mounting hardware.
lj nettles wrote:I have added more pictures to my imageevent.com/leonardnettles M422 site. I also had a chance to add descriptions to the photos.

Leonard

lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by lj nettles » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:43 pm

More pictures added of the CV joint and better pictures of the oil temp and pressure light assemblies.

Leonard

lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by lj nettles » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 am

Added a few more photos today.

Leonard

lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by lj nettles » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Leonard
I have dissembled both the front hubs and I am waiting on parts so I started working on replacing the damaged tailgate hinge and repairing the tailgate. Pictures have been added.

Leonard

lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by lj nettles » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Leonard
I added photos of the process of combining an M422A1 and an M422 tailgate to make a good tailgate for my M422.

Dhdeason
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Dhdeason » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:54 am

Thanks for the continued picture update. I'm in the beginning process of doing a frame off restoration on a M422A1 right now and your pictures and descriptions have been very helpful.

David

lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by lj nettles » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:47 am

Dhdeason wrote:Thanks for the continued picture update. I'm in the beginning process of doing a frame off restoration on a M422A1 right now and your pictures and descriptions have been very helpful.
Thanks David. I am new to the M422 so I am trying to educate my self on the Mighty Mite so I am taking many pictures so I can review when I start putting things back together. The biggest challenge I am working on is the type of rivets required for the M422. I finally was able to get to an area that used blind rivets so I was able to get a good sample. It looks like the blind rivets are made by Cherry Aerospace and are very similar to a pop rivet except they are all aluminum. I sent a picture to Cherry so they can identify it and provide a part number. I will continue to post pictures and make changes to the existing one if I find errors. My goal is to make the site as correct as possible so guys restoring the M422 will have an accurate reference. If you or anyone else wants to add to the site you are welcome.
David

lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by lj nettles » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Added more pictures to my image event site.

Return to “M422 Mighty Mite”