Titling/licensing a Mite in Oregon

1959 - 1962, Mighty Mite, M422, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE, and Knowledge Base
takpak
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Titling/licensing a Mite in Oregon

Post by takpak » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Question of the day for those in Oregon. Recently purchased a Mite from the daughter of a fellow (now deceased) who had gotten four of them at a state equipment sale back in the late '60's. He then took them home, and never touched them again until he died in 2012. Family inherited them, and divvied them up. I bought one of them. Unfortunately, the family could find absolutely no paperwork on any of them. The daughter did write a letter for me stating how her father had come to have it, and that I was the new owner/purchaser. With that in mind, what kind of grief have any of the rest of you had with the dear old DMV? What can I do to "help" things along?? NOT looking forward to this, but have to "get'r done" sometime. Might as well be now. My plan is to license it as an "SP" (in Oregon that is special interest) vehicle.
Terry K.
Vietnam Veteran
U.S. Navy
Current: 1962 M-422A1, 1953 Air Force M-43, 1942 Navy EP GPW Script

Previous: 1954 M-37, 1971 M-35, 1951 M-38

Joseph Freitas
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Re: Titling/licensing a Mite in Oregon

Post by Joseph Freitas » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Terry,

Sent you a PM, check it out.

Joe in La Pine

715m29
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Re: Titling/licensing a Mite in Oregon

Post by 715m29 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:13 pm

I am in process of getting a title for a wc 52 right now. When I took the frame in for a vin inspection the dmv was concerned that I was trying to title a humve. Once they were convinced it was not a humve we started to file for the title. The vin was not in use in Oregon. I then had to contact washington, Idaho, and California state to confirm that vin was not in use, and recive paper documentation to file with oregon later. It took about 3 weeks for California to send me the document, California took the longest. I then filed for the title with Oregon. Last week was 5 weeks after paying the fees. I checked with dmv and it is under review now, so I should have my title in few weeks they said.
Luckily it's a frame and I'm not waiting to drive it.
M29C Weasel
M715 with civi cab
WC 52
Converto Dump Trailer

Return to “M422 Mighty Mite”