GOOD OLD DAYS

Create a thread to track the progress of you MB/GPW restoration progress. Previously a General Discussion board.
Joe Gopan
Jeep Heaven

GOOD OLD DAYS

Post by Joe Gopan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:13 am

Remember that huge white cloud coming from the neighborhood gas station yard when an automobile (or JEEP) was getting a can of CASITE "liquid tune up" poured down its' carburetor throat? There would be a ground fog a few hundred feet in diameter.
Did it work, who knows.
There was another product in silver pellet form that was dropped into the gas tank and it would replace the metal in worn rings and cylinders.
2011 MVPA PIONEER AWARD - MVPA #1064
HONOR GRAD-WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC SCHOOL 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL(MACHINIST) ABERDEEN PG 1962 - O-1 BIRD DOG CREWCHIEF - 300,000+TROUBLE FREE M-38A1 MILES
LIFE MEMBER AM LEGION-40/8-DAV
7 MIL SPEC MAINTAINED MV'S
COL. BRUNO BROOKS (ARMY MOTORS) IS MY HERO

Fortyeight2A
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: GOOD OLD DAYS

Post by Fortyeight2A » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:48 pm

Were those pellets called "Miracle..." something? They'd have to work if they were! :D
Is it true real Jeeps have flat fenders?
Alone cannot you it resist!

Ed Roberts
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by Ed Roberts » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:10 pm

Yep, I do. In Oakland (CA) in the '50's we had a fire alarm pull box on a corner of each block. In case of fire, taught to pull lever (once), wait and point the fire truck in the right direction. Did as I was taught, as did all the other kids in the neighborhood. Gas station got an official talking to, as well as all the kids in the neighborhood. (We all went to the same school). The owner of the gas station invited all kids interested to come by and see what they did for a living. Problem solved. Nobody sued. Nobody fined. Everybody learned (about a lot of things). Those were some good days.
Thanks for the memories, Ba bummmmm...Ba bum bum bum etc.
Best, Ed
V/r Eddie
1942 GPW #5739 "Sentimental Reasons"
MVPA & MVCC

Joe Gopan
Jeep Heaven

Post by Joe Gopan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:09 pm

I remember 1947, a salesman stopping by to sell us a kit to restore the simulated wood grain on inner door window openings and dash boards of some cars. The kit contained a half dozen jars of different named colors and a supply of tissue to hold in a manner that using 3 finger tips one could recreate the factory pattern. It cost us around $15.00 and we never used it. The unused kit is still on one of my shelves. I'll bet it's worth some bucks now. :wink:
2011 MVPA PIONEER AWARD - MVPA #1064
HONOR GRAD-WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC SCHOOL 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL(MACHINIST) ABERDEEN PG 1962 - O-1 BIRD DOG CREWCHIEF - 300,000+TROUBLE FREE M-38A1 MILES
LIFE MEMBER AM LEGION-40/8-DAV
7 MIL SPEC MAINTAINED MV'S
COL. BRUNO BROOKS (ARMY MOTORS) IS MY HERO

Marty, SoCal
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Marty, SoCal » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:31 am

There still is a liquid de-carbonizing treatment available called Seafoam Still produces the stinky clouds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6kI1RCOtE

Does it work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... dT4DPFXIkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6UeJXkzDW8

When I worked at the dealership, we used a similar Mopar product, now banned in Kalifornia :roll:
43 Ford GPW 92098
53 Dunbar Kapple M100
Sold: 61 CJ-5, 41 T207 WC-1 Dodge closed cab pickup
MVPA #8266
USMC Tanker (1811, 1812), 85-93
ASE Automotive Master tech, former Chrysler-Jeep Level 4 Mastertech, CA state EA smog license

Return to “MB GPW Restoration Projects”