Las Vegas

Create a thread to track the progress of you MB/GPW restoration progress. Previously a General Discussion board.
The Fireman
U.S.M.C. Veteran
U.S.M.C. Veteran

Las Vegas

Post by The Fireman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:14 am

To all,

Maybe this is the right spot to put this in, but let all of us say a prayer for the people of Las Vegas and the victims of this terrible tragedy.

Frank
The Fireman
NRG

Wolfman
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Las Vegas

Post by Wolfman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:10 am

I agree. This is tragic and prayers to the victims and there friends and families.
I know we ain't suppose to get into this sort thing here, but
This has been knawing at me since it started.
First of all, the news media was wrestling with position to be first. Normal !!
The report was, a S.W.A.T. team burst into the room and found the shooter already dead. Shot and the S.W.A.T. team did not do it. Suicide ? Who is to say this guy was not the first victim ??? If so, who was the shooter (s) ???
Reports and audio clips clearly were of alternating automatic weapon fire. A news commentator noted how fast the gunman was reloading ??? How do we know there was only one shooter ??? Maybe two, alternating fire ??? For those of us that have been through the training and actual combat, it is called fire and cover. Cover and fire. Two teams working together. One provides cover fire while the other reloads and moves.
News clips show the hotel the gun fire came from. There was not one window shot out. There were two. Separated by several unbroken windows in between. ????? If the windows were broken from returning ground fire, why wasn't there several ???
I will shut up but I don't think we have all the intel on this one.
Mike Wolford
CJ-2A
VEP GPW
Comm./Inst. SEL
AOPA ( 50 yrs)
EAA ( 49 yrs)
4th Inf. Div. - 5th Inf. Div. - 2nd Armor Div. - CIB

HankII
G-Major
G-Major

Post by HankII » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Reminiscent of the Warren Commission? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Commission

It concluded that President Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald and that Oswald acted entirely alone. It also concluded that Jack Ruby also acted alone when he killed Oswald two days later. ...
Only 2 things in life make it worth livin'
Is old Jeeps tuned good & Firm Feelin women

Fortyeight2A
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Fortyeight2A » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:14 pm

On the JFK assassination, read Vincent Bugliosi's "Reclaiming History". Or all 26 volumes of the Warren Report. Don't bother with the conspiracy theories. On Vegas? I doubt we'll ever know anything for sure--at least, not for a loooooooong time. This guy was a nutcase.
Is it true real Jeeps have flat fenders?
Alone cannot you it resist!

Return to “MB GPW Restoration Projects”