Intro: Hello! Me and my GPW/MB

Create a thread to track the progress of you MB/GPW restoration progress. Previously a General Discussion board.
Ralph
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: Intro: Hello! Me and my GPW/MB

Post by Ralph » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:25 am

Otisray,
Thanks for the nice photos and a beautiful AF jeep.The tail light mod is practical and innovative...very handsome with the black canvas.keeping the primary colors rule intact...I read recently how Austria is considered in the very top of European countries for vacation travel.
I have a brother,now 86,who when stationed in Linz in 1949-was badly injured in a jeep rollover...unable to be moved,a nearby Austrian Doctor & his family cared for him for 10 days in their home.They refused reimbursement from the USAFA HQ.After full recovery he returned to thank them again- with a letter of appreciation from the commander of Ft. McCaulley at Saltzburg.
Welcome to the G.
Ralph

Mark Jesic
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Mark Jesic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:06 am

Thanks Otis, i cant stop looking at the pictures of your jeep, absolutely stunning, congratulations. :D

otisray
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by otisray » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:51 am

Hi Ralph!
What a Story about your bro! Gave me goosebumps!
There was a USAF Veterans Meeting at Tulln AB some years ago. Many great stories of the old ones, too. We have two austrian officers, who wrote a book about Tull AB and they collect all the old pictures and stories to keep history alive...
regards
Otis

Return to “MB GPW Restoration Projects”