Reciever hitch ? ?

Humvee modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial field mods

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

DatGuyC
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant
Re: Reciever hitch ? ?

Post by DatGuyC » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:25 pm

Dont know if they are still available, I've had them sitting in my garage for about a year now. I thought about that other hitch but from reading reviews on H1 forums they seem to think the later style is much stronger. Also if I ever decide I want an aux tank I dont have to worry about it.

Retired War Horses
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Retired War Horses » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:36 am

DatGuyC wrote:Got mine installed today also. Had to flip the outside brackets and drill holes in the hmmwv bumper brackets but I think it turned out good.

Just a word of caution, while looking at your bolts, I see no threads appearing, these bolts look to be to short, you should have no less then 3-5 threads showing upon final torque. I personally only use grade C cap nuts and not NyLock nuts, they just aren't as reliable Stover style nuts.
Retired War Horses Restoration

Call us for all your HMMWV parts, service, upgrades and conversion needs.

DatGuyC
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by DatGuyC » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:43 pm

Retired War Horses wrote:Just a word of caution, while looking at your bolts, I see no threads appearing, these bolts look to be to short, you should have no less then 3-5 threads showing upon final torque. I personally only use grade C cap nuts and not NyLock nuts, they just aren't as reliable Stover style nuts.
Yep those end bolts are about half an inch too short, they engage all the nut threads but are just short of the nylon. I forgot about that thick metal spacer/reinforcer thing when measuring for length. Next run to the hardware store I plan on getting longer ones.

Return to “Humvee Modifications”