HMMWV 3PT SEAT BELT TEMPLATES

Humvee modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial field mods

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

rlhjr
G-Civilian
HMMWV 3PT SEAT BELT TEMPLATES

Post by rlhjr » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:41 am

After reviewing the posts from both sites on the topic I feel confident that we can do the install with the information already available and without the templates.

However, before we do so, does anyone know of a source for the front kit (57K0205) and/or the rear kit (57K0206) for non-armored versions?

If not, does anyone have any critical measurements that need to be used?

Thanks,

Lee

Retired War Horses
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Re: HMMWV 3PT SEAT BELT TEMPLATES

Post by Retired War Horses » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 am

I have been doing these MWO's long before I ever had the Jigs and templates.
Even some of the templates have a bit to be desired...at least on the front seat belt lap portion.
I just did this upgrade the other day with the jig, while the hole is there for the rivets to install, they don't put a point of ref for the main hole for the bolt. Unless one of those ref points was where a 1/2in hole is supposed to be, but I doubt it.
This upgrade is much easier with the body off, but can be done with body on, I see no way to get the rivets installed on the left side, from the inside there are 2 that are supposed to be on a cross member. The right has enough room if you have a small enough drill. But all in all...the Jigs make for an easier set up...and now I have my Jigs all marked up so the next one will go even faster....go slow and use a small drill bit when you do the large hole, this way you have plenty of room for error and can line up the backing plate.
Retired War Horses Restoration

Call us for all your HMMWV parts, service, upgrades and conversion needs.

Return to “Humvee Modifications”