The VET Step --- Easy Access In and Out of the Jeep

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial WWII field mods NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
NormD
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

The VET Step --- Easy Access In and Out of the Jeep

Post by NormD » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:40 am

Hi To Jeep Owners,

Do you give rides to older veterans in parades? Does you wife or significant other enjoy jeep rides but has difficulty getting in and out? Do you have trouble getting in and out? Here is your solution, the Vet Step. Did you know that the height of the jeep door well is 28" off the ground? That is a really high step. The Vet Step cuts that in half, 14".

It is made of a 1/4" x 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" sturdy aluminum "T" bar and 1/4" diamond-plate for the step. It hooks into the top of the passenger door-well and locks into the under-side of the tub for easy access for anyone challenged by lifting their leg 28" off the ground. The diamond-plate provides traction for the step. This is a modern modification based on the old adage, "Necessity is the mother of invention." It simply hooks on and can be removed at anytime. The price is $75.00 + S/H. It is designed for the passenger side. The pioneer tools are in the way for using it on the driver's side.

NormD
Vet Step 1.jpg
Vet Step 1.jpg (13.64 KiB) Viewed 1999 times
Norman J. Dauerer
1942 *GPW 7559*
1942 Willys 1/4 ton Trailer, S/N
dauerern@aol.com

NormD
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: The VET Step --- Easy Access In and Out of the Jeep

Post by NormD » Sun May 01, 2016 10:07 am

Just to let you know that I will be at the East Coast Military Vehicle Rally to be held at Aberdeen, Maryland, May 12th thru the 14th. The products I make constitute some of the modifications that the 106th Cavalry Group made to their jeeps during the war. You can see them first hand on my jeep. It will be on display there. If you come to the show, please stop by and say Hi.

The Vet step is an exception. It is something I came up with to help the old-timers get in and out of my jeep more easily.

NormD
Norman J. Dauerer
1942 *GPW 7559*
1942 Willys 1/4 ton Trailer, S/N
dauerern@aol.com

Return to “MB GPW Modifications”